DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Went in broken came back new!?

EagleEyeMT

Reactions
Long story short, I got my Mavic 2pro stuck in a tree 90ft up. Got it down but not without impact. After inspection, I thought I may have completely lucked out without damage. Turned out that I started noticing jello-ing and more recently, the gimbal would occasionally loose control for a brief time. I sent it in to DJI and they confirmed that the gimbal arm needed to be replaced. That was an easy $235 decision. I get my drone back tonight and it's a brand new Mavic 2Pro?? Oddly there was no packaging, just "a drone" wrapped in bubble wrap, in a plain brown box... new serial number and all. So, yeah... um, what?!

Long story short, I got my Mavic 2pro stuck in a tree 90ft up. Got it down but not without impact. After inspection, I thought I may have completely lucked out without damage. Turned out that I started noticing jello-ing and more recently, the gimbal would occasionally loose control for a brief time. I sent it in to DJI and they confirmed that the gimbal arm needed to be replaced. That was an easy $235 decision. I get my drone back tonight and it's a brand new Mavic 2Pro?? Oddly there was no packaging, just "a drone" wrapped in bubble wrap, in a plain brown box... new serial number and all. So, yeah... um, what?!
Seems that new or refurbished rather than repair is common practice for DJI.I had 2 under Care Refresh and both were new serial numbers.

Thanks to everyone for following up! I'm pretty happy regardless, whether it's new or refurbished. My original was well past warrantee and didn't carry the refresh plan, the bonus for me is that now it does!

Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
I bought a dji mavic Air 2 refurb drone.
Everything is the same as new. Only difference?
a black sticker on the box that read “Refurbished”

I bought a DJI care refresh. Have yet to use it. Dont expect to , hopefully , but if I do, maybe I‘ll get a new one, or the same.

( Same as Apple, Im pretty sure my Ipad was brand new )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada