DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We're going down the path of becoming illegal

Issues?

But here's the thing. The government doesn't give money away as you know. Well except to defence contractors. Someone is paying for this huge inconvenience and it's not your Uncle Sam.

How is this so difficult to understand? The FAA is largely taxpayer funded. Drones represent a new responsibility for them. Congress instructed them to deal with it. They are not charging the organizations that administer any kind of testing. They have no mechanism even to do that. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Reactions: dawgpilot
The AMA is your best bet here. They already have everything in place and in fact they are strongly the reason why we have Part 336 today instead of Part 107 for everyone.

Like it or not, money talks and the AMA is very good at talking.

Well 336 was just repealed with the latest FAA Reauthorization Bill. The replacement provision is going to require everyone go through some form of testing. I wouldn't trust the AMA to look after drone operators' interests, they have their own specific agenda to worry about.

Reactions: pvs and JSKCKNIT
Well 336 was just repealed with the latest FAA Reauthorization Bill. The replacement provision is going to require everyone go through some form of testing. I wouldn't trust the AMA to look after drone operators' interests, they have their own specific agenda to worry about.
AOPA also has advocacy for drone pilots.

AOPA welcomes drone pilots - AOPA

Reactions: pvs and BigAl07
any proof there was a drone?
any proof that truck had anything to do with a drone?

more laws will only force more to fly illegally.
no not close to or at “that” place.
just over bearing laws never have solved a problem.
sure the commies at dji can shut down your drone. but many more out there and that number is growing that cannot be remotly shutdown.

fools will always be out there ( time has proven that in many ways). but if we just sit back and let it happen. forget about much of any flight time.

Reactions: Point Zero
Kinda late to this party aren't ya pac.
Like 22 days .

Reactions: BigAl07
yep the nanny state :)
I worked for the Forest Service after I left school, and fought a couple of fires from helicopters - Choppers were used to ferry us into places that would take hours to get to & from, and to dump water on hot-spots. If the "Nanny State" ensures that idiots with drones won't ground & prevent a copter dropping a bucket of water on the fire that's trying to surround & BBQ you, or lift you out of the way of an advancing flame front - then YAY! Three cheers for the Nanny State!!!

Some people have led such protected lives that they just have not got a f*****g clue!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121