DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

West broward Florida

So yesterday doing some practicing @ Vista View I was finally told ( after several times) that I could not fly unless I joined the aviation group and purchased their "insurance" via the park. LOL I calmly set the MP down and apologized. I want to find a new park or area besides Markham but if its the only place I can go Ill just start going there....

Reactions: Blades
I am in Plantation,FL. I usually fly my Mavics at Markham Park two days a week (Retired). Best spot is at the control line area (usually empty).
I have also applied to Vista View Park and awaiting an answer.
I am also going to renew my membership in the Pompano Hill Flyers club (Located at Waste Management on Sample Road and Florida;s turnpike).
Was an aerobatic plane flyer at Markham and Sailplane flyer at Pompano Hill for many years but took 8 years off to play with motorcycles ;).

Hi everyone! I just received my MP and want to learn from the pros. I live very close to Markham park but looks like they don't want any new comers. Let me know when the next gathering is at.

Hi everyone! I just received my MP and want to learn from the pros. I live very close to Markham park but looks like they don't want any new comers. Let me know when the next gathering is at.
Who is they o_O. I fly there twice a week and am usually airborne for 2-1/2 hours each time (eight batteries).
There are two types of drones flown out there. One are the little racers usually flown in the control line area. The types of drones that fly slower with photo capability usually are directed to the helicopter area (some there are a little strange about drones so I ignore them:p) . I fly adjacent to the west side of of the control line area and take-off and land on a small plastic pad (3' dia) that I spike in the grassy area. If no one is there I fly in the control line area. I have not had any problems as all seem to be friendly. You will need AMA & a pass to use aircraft of any type in Markham park. To purchase the pass turn left after the entrance and go into the main office next to the dog area.
If you get caught flying without AMA or a pass you get banned. The pass was $25 and expires on December 31 annually.
I will probably fly tomorrow if the weather is good. The aircraft pavilion has several electrical outlets to charge batteries.
Weekends can be crowded so I avoid the park then ;).

GatorWing, I might stopby the park tomorrow to meet you. I will bring my aircraft but mostly just want say hi and watch you fly the MP if you don't mind. Let me know the time.

Hi GatorWing. Do you still fly at Markham? I usually fly at VistaView.

Hi GatorWing. Do you still fly at Markham? I usually fly at VistaView.

Hi cavanhoose. I usually fly twice a week at Markham if the weather cooperates. I used to fly with 8 batteries a day but cut back to 4 batteries a day (due to lightning storms). I hate to come home with any fully charged batteries that I have to run down with a device. I don't like any of them to sit over night fully charged. I avoid weekends because I fly near the old control line circle. Nice shade there but on weekends there are too many racing drones :eek:. I also fly a Dromida Vista drone in between Mavic flights :D.
I am a member of VistaView but haven't flown there much. I intend to do so in the future ;).

Reactions: cvanhoose
Hi so are there any planned meets in the area? Sunrise here... trying to find others to fly with... usually go to Plantation Heritage park they let u fly anywhere in the park... would like to find new locations

Ok I'm confused I thought with drones you can fly anywhere in Markham Park. I been going for the last year never had anyone say anything to me on west side lake area by gun range workers and rangers always waved and just smiled. I just sold my P3 and bought a Macic Pro Platinum I live down the street from Markham as well.

I dot kn now if you all frown upon phantom pilots but I just got aphantom 4 and was looking for places to fly and people to fly with I love to take aerial shots and the likes. I live in west pines and narkham and vista view arent too far away also looking for other spots that would allow for flying. You can email me at [email protected]

Hello all, new here. I live in Coconut Creek and it would be nice to meet other people with similar drones to mine in the area. I am pretty new to drone flying and i got mine mainly to film while on vacation, nice sceneries and events (where possible). I got the Mavic 2 pro and i love it.

g37dude at gmail dot com <-- let me know if interested.

Last edited:
hello guys. im new here. question.
can we fly a drone in markham park?
do we need any permit ?
thank you all.

hello guys. im new here. question.
can we fly a drone in markham park?
do we need any permit ?
thank you all.
For you to fly in Markham or vista view park you need to be an AMA member I believe.

I was at Robbins preserve doing family photos which looked nice. I don't know if they allow drones, but if they did i think it would be a nice place to do it

Reactions: gerardpilot
What's up guys ill chime in even though its an OLD thread. I live in east Hollywood, I fly in south pointe park(Miami), Hollywood beach, bayside, by brickell etc, lots of places HMU on here or on IG as @eldvisuals

Hi Everyone ,Good Evening I am new to the Forum .I live out in East Hollywood and just got my Mavic Air . Would like to meet up and get some tips and tricks on flying my drone Safely .

Hi Everyone ,Good Evening I am new to the Forum .I live out in East Hollywood and just got my Mavic Air . Would like to meet up and get some tips and tricks on flying my drone Safely .

What's up brother! Shoot me a DM travelinaday on IG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580