DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

West Chester, PA

ncameron

Reactions
Hi there. I am in Paoli, and looking for other local drone fanciers to meet up; as well as good ideas for locations for flying - all the nice green spaces I have investigated seem to ban drones...

Hi there. I am in Paoli, and looking for other local drone fanciers to meet up; as well as good ideas for locations for flying - all the nice green spaces I have investigated seem to ban drones...
I'm not too far down the road from you just across the DE line. Perhaps we could meet up sometime. I'm also uavflyr on the phantom forums. Always looking for people to fly with.

I'm in Exton. Exton park is pretty good, behind church farm school on route 30.

I'm in Exton. Exton park is pretty good, behind church farm school on route 30.
I live in Chester Springs and drive by Exton park all the time. It looks like there is a lot of open space there.

Looks like there are quite a few of us around here. Exton park on weekends expect to see a bunch of people flying fixed wing planes. I have some FPV wings, but apparently it's a great place for the sail plane guys. Last weekend 3 of us were flying FPV follow the leader. No plans, just that many people flying FPV there.

Im familiar with where church farm school is located but have not been up in that area for quite some time. Where in Exton Park are people flying? More specifically, which side of 30 is the Park where everyone is flying? Landmark's to look for? I would like to head up there when this weather clears.
EDIT..
I just arrived at Exton Park. I'm assuming many of you familiar have parked in the larger lot by the small playground. (?). Looks like a good open area. I'm going to give it a go.

Last edited:
Exton Park
Great open place to fly.
Park ranger was here and had no issues.
I'll definitely be coming back.
743c372f645c9a41701b22ebb7e05384.jpg
ab399e074f9f88bef85d8e9c57d23df5.jpg

Reactions: Will.i.am
Hi Mark, I'm glad it worked out. The only things I've heard are they want us to stay within the park, not really crossing over the road towards the school. I'm not one to follow rules, so no criticism here.
I've learned it's often easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Hi Mark, I'm glad it worked out. The only things I've heard are they want us to stay within the park, not really crossing over the road towards the school. I'm not one to follow rules, so no criticism here.
I've learned it's often easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
Thanks for mentioning that. I have a tendency to go out and explore the area I'm flying in all while taking full advantage of my tx range limits. The park is a great place to fly in but I did start to feel a bit restricted within it's borders. Maybe we can meet up.
Thanks again

Just got out here with my mavic.. Dont see anyone else around.

*edit: flew for a few hours. ran into Steve with his foam plane + LOS racing quad. Pretty nice field.
some guys were paragliding which was cool

Last edited:
Just got out here with my mavic.. Dont see anyone else around.

*edit: flew for a few hours. ran into Steve with his foam plane + LOS racing quad. Pretty nice field.
some guys were paragliding which was cool

Steve is aways up there. He has an awesome LOS quad with a ridiculous bright strobe. Pretty awesome effect. If you see him there ask if he has it.

Nice to see this thread. I live on Valley Forge Mountain and am close. I sometimes go to VF Park as I belong to that club VFSS.org, but they really frown on Drones and Helis. I will have to stop up to Exton and check it out. Am flying a Mavic Pro mostly.

Phil

I had a good time today flying at Marsh Creek park. The Milford Rd. entrance has several large fields leading down to the lake and it was almost completely deserted.

Reactions: Seachief
I live in Downingtown next to Marsh Creek State Park. Looking for places to fly in the area.

I live in Downingtown next to Marsh Creek State Park. Looking for places to fly in the area.
Marsh Creek park is excellent for flying. I am usually there on Sunday mornings.
Hare are some pics.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser