DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Western Mass

Shivers

Reactions
Good morning fellow pilots.
So, I live around the Holyoke area, and commonly fly around Easthampton (Mt Tom park backside) for it is just our side of Barns, and Westover... Oh, and the City of Holyoke made the town a No fly zone, to which I feel is super unfair, and don’t know how they can do this.
Anyways, where are you!? Are ya close!? Where do you fly?

I fly a Mavic 2 Zoom with SC and well looking to buy more drones!

Anyone around?

Attachments

• 33FE7253-9C7D-40DD-9D14-CC3E0FED4648.jpeg
    33FE7253-9C7D-40DD-9D14-CC3E0FED4648.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 30
South Hadley

Reactions: Bobvt and Shivers
Westfield.

I’m always trying to find hassle free places to fly. For the most part I like flying around Cape Ann, but I’m constantly looking for interesting local places.

So, I live around the Holyoke area, and commonly fly around Easthampton (Mt Tom park backside) for it is just our side of Barns, and Westover... Oh, and the City of Holyoke made the town a No fly zone, to which I feel is super unfair, and don’t know how they can do this.

Anyone around?
The town really has no authority to tell you you can't fly over it, they don't control the sky. They can how ever tell you you can't launch from town property. I would think if you launch from your property and fly over the town there would be no legal violation according to Federal Law.

Reactions: Shivers
The town really has no authority to tell you you can't fly over it, they don't control the sky. They can how ever tell you you can't launch from town property. I would think if you launch from your property and fly over the town there would be no legal violation according to Federal Law.
Hey Bud!
Thanks for posting!
I’ve heard that before, and wondered the same exact thing. I really don’t want to push that luck and all, but the land I’m on it privet property (of course). I guess I should look into that. Thanks again. I was about to ask if you were local, but I see the AZ. O that answers that. Ha ha.

Hey Bud!
Thanks for posting!
I’ve heard that before, and wondered the same exact thing. I really don’t want to push that luck and all, but the land I’m on it privet property (of course). I guess I should look into that. Thanks again. I was about to ask if you were local, but I see the AZ. O that answers that. Ha ha.
I've spent many a day in the Greenfield ,Holyoke , Springfield areas. I know the area. Lived in CT and NH and traveled up and down 91 a lot. I would not be worried if you take off from your own or with permission from private land and flew over the town them returned and landed on private property no much they can say. Remember in order for the cops to come on private property they need a warrant. They came on my property In NH and I told them to get off it . They had no warrant and had to leave.

Not originally from the area - married a lady from there

Reactions: Bobvt

Anyone around?
Shivers... I’m new to all of this. I am a Holyoke resident and recently became interested in drones. I have a Mavic Mini and an Air 2. I usually head out to the Northampton/Florence area to fly due to the restrictions regarding Westover and Barnes. My understanding about the local Holyoke restrictions is that if you launch from your own private property or other private property with owner permission you are ok. Holyoke doesent regulate airspace... the FAA does.

Shivers... I’m new to all of this. I am a Holyoke resident and recently became interested in drones. I have a Mavic Mini and an Air 2. I usually head out to the Northampton/Florence area to fly due to the restrictions regarding Westover and Barnes. My understanding about the local Holyoke restrictions is that if you launch from your own private property or other private property with owner permission you are ok. Holyoke doesent regulate airspace... the FAA does.

I live in Westfield near the Southampton line and only about 3 miles from Barnes. I don’t mind traveling to the North Shore or Newport for some nice photo opportunities and so far hassle free flying. The problem I have with local flying is mostly our topography. Between the hills, trees, and buildings, wide open spaces that have far less interference are not that plentiful. I use the B4UFLY app to deal with whatever restrictions might be around.

With all that being said, I like to use Google Maps and a little research to find interesting and historical places to fly and photograph/video. One place I’ve been wanting to visit is Scotts Tower. However its off limits because Holyoke knows Drone Operators would certainly destroy the tower with our Drone Laser Beams. ?

Scotts tower in the old amusement park? Holyoke... its still their?

Look Park in Florence is also a no drone zone ☹
Thankfully I am in MT right now and just have to step out the door to be able to fly :)

Where did the tower go? I know the park is closed. Lol. Been closed for ever. I also know a lot of the older stuff is still up.

Go to Google Maps and search for Scott Tower Holyoke Massachusetts. The pictures are recent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61