DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wetsuit for drone... my thoughts

STUFF2C

Reactions
So I bought a Wetsuit cover for my mavic zoom.
FWIW... I was more interested in the added protection more so than the waterproofing features. I actually trimmed the battery covers because they annoyed me as the battery was a PINA to change out (waterproof was not my goal).
Here are some short thoughts.
It does install fairly easily. I cleaned every surface with alcohol before installing the cover.
It will definitely add an extra layer of thick protection to the surfaces it coveres. I like that part.
It doesn't effect the drones performance, I still have clocked the same max speeds and flight time.
I do have to occasionally press it back in place as it does come lose in spots. It does have a good adhesive and stays put "mostly".
It does leave a black residue where any surface puts pressure on the suit... where the legs fold against it. No big deal to me.
Overall I will keep it. I think as it weathers it will take on a road warrior look...
I'll post some pictures when it takes on a more used look.
100 bucks... well that's up to you.

Well done. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: STUFF2C
Yup...

Is this a Phantom Rain Wetsuit?
So I bought a Wetsuit cover for my mavic zoom.
FWIW... I was more interested in the added protection more so than the waterproofing features. I actually trimmed the battery covers because they annoyed me as the battery was a PINA to change out (waterproof was not my goal).
Here are some short thoughts.
It does install fairly easily. I cleaned every surface with alcohol before installing the cover.
It will definitely add an extra layer of thick protection to the surfaces it coveres. I like that part.
It doesn't effect the drones performance, I still have clocked the same max speeds and flight time.
I do have to occasionally press it back in place as it does come lose in spots. It does have a good adhesive and stays put "mostly".
It does leave a black residue where any surface puts pressure on the suit... where the legs fold against it. No big deal to me.
Overall I will keep it. I think as it weathers it will take on a road warrior look...
I'll post some pictures when it takes on a more used look.
100 bucks... well that's up to you.

Thank you , we have never had a review and purchase based on the Wet Suits Good looks, lol that is awesome.
Keep in mind the Wet Suit is designed engineered and made to protect that battery and thus the reason for the Water Proof Seal on the battery.

Its understandable that if you forget to break the seal on the battery it can be a Pain , but the learning curve is super quick and well worth the protecting that battery from the elements.

Took me a minute to figure out the residue you were talking about and yes the Neoprene is brand new and the black dye can come off on your hands , but rubs off after the first few handles.

Thank you for an honest review.
Curious if the videos we made were helpful as we made 10 of them, the battery install and breaking the seal #1 .

Thank you , keep in mind the Price for Forum members is $89.95 includes 4 Battery Seals instead of 1 you would get on the website.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the Storm.

Neato, is it 2mm thick, kinda like a summer skinsuit? I have sworn by similar material for cameras and lenses. This cover is about 2.5mm thick, and still is as good as new, after 10 years in the tropics.
M
fdd9ce7b3d28969daf142f83ff233c0f.jpg

Reactions: Bobvt
Thank you , we have never had a review and purchase based on the Wet Suits Good looks, lol that is awesome.
Keep in mind the Wet Suit is designed engineered and made to protect that battery and thus the reason for the Water Proof Seal on the battery.

Its understandable that if you forget to break the seal on the battery it can be a Pain , but the learning curve is super quick and well worth the protecting that battery from the elements.

Took me a minute to figure out the residue you were talking about and yes the Neoprene is brand new and the black dye can come off on your hands , but rubs off after the first few handles.

Curious if the videos we made were helpful as we made 10 of them, the battery install and breaking the seal #1 .

Thank you , keep in mind the Price for Forum members is $89.95 includes 4 Battery Seals instead of 1 you would get on the website.

Phantomrain.org
View attachment 75039

$89.95 might give a little sticker shock at 1st, but I’m sure your covers will stand the test of time. I’d love one here in Vietnam, but it’s typhoon season.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Neato, is it 2mm thick, kinda like a summer skinsuit? I have sworn by similar material for cameras and lenses. This cover is about 2.5mm thick, and still is as good as new, after 10 years in the tropics.
M
fdd9ce7b3d28969daf142f83ff233c0f.jpg
Will you post a link for this material?

I believe this should work. Pls advise

CamoLens

Last edited:
All I get when I click on link is photo of your lens. I am interested in the material you referenced Neato material

Ahhh, sorry I misunderstood. The material is called lens coats. Will try to repair. This is their direct link:

I bought thru B&H long ago.

Phantomrain.org
View attachment 75039
When you say 4 battery seals, is that the complete battery cover (I have 5 batteries) or just the on/off seal? Thanks

Phantomrain.org
View attachment 75039
And can you change your website to show the 4 colour options more clearly, currently I haven’t a clue what the colours are (sorry, colors;-) related to your colour names !

And can you change your website to show the 4 colour options more clearly, currently I haven’t a clue what the colours are (sorry, colors;-) related to your colour names !

The Twilight Version is reserved only for the Forum users and not posted on the Web Site .

These our the 4 Colors that come with 3 Battery covers and 3 power button Seals .
As long you keep the base color Black you post the parts over each other quickly to change colors .

Email me at [email protected]
and I will send you out an invoice. I can include the extra covers for you. Subject Matter : Twilight Package
Thank you
Coal

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

Any chance you could post a picture of the "Twilight Version" please...
The Twilight Version is reserved only for the Forum users and not posted on the Web Site .

These our the 4 Colors that come with 3 Battery covers and 3 power button Seals .
As long you keep the base color Black you post the parts over each other quickly to change colors .

and I will send you out an invoice. I can include the extra covers for you. Subject Matter : Twilight Package
Thank you
Coal

View attachment 85179

Any chance you could post a picture of the "Twilight Version" please...

This is the Twilight Version below: Comes with 3 Battery covers and allows you have all 4 Color Designs.
Its not posted on the Website, as the Website is single battery cover and 1 color Design where as you get all the color designs and
3 battery covers .

Twilight Versoin Mavic 2 $99.95

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

Most of the picture on the website have the Color Design. but since you get all of them as a Forum member your all set.

Trauma 1 - Red and Black - great for daytime flying
Neon Tac - Neon Blue which is really nice for flying at Dusk into night
Orca - Black and white works really well over the water
Eclipse - Nothing better for flying in white skies.

Twilight come with 3 Battery Covers and 3 Power Button Seals.
If you need extras, will include that in the invoice.

All 4 color Designs come with the Twilight Version for Forum Members
[email protected]
Email me for an invoice can ship on monday.

Reactions: Cruithnig
Do you have a similar offer for forum users who run the Mavic Pro 1?

Yes we do, we offer the Same twilight Package now for the mavic Pro ,

Screenshot 02-12-2020 11.20.06.png

Screenshot 02-12-2020 11.20.36.png

Screenshot 02-12-2020 11.21.07.png

Screenshot 02-12-2020 11.21.39.png

Screenshot 02-12-2020 11.22.14.png

What is really cool is that if you use the Black as your Base Color you can put the other colors tops right over the black and switch colors quickly .

Trauma 1 : Red and Black which is good visual for day flying

Neon Tech: is awesome for flying at Dusk as it looks like it glows at night

Orca : Black and White and good for flying over the Water

Eclipse : is all Black which is the best for long distance flights in white skies.

but not as good as finding a Quick Orientation as the others being two toned.

and I will send you out invoice for the Mavic Pro Twilight Package .
Comes with 3 battery covers and 4 Color Designs as shown.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke