DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whales off Hawaii beach

sawyerbrownlive

Reactions

First of all, I did not fly/record this whale footage. I was the spotter. After work while on TDY in Kauai, we stopped by the beach to get some shots of the coast. As soon as my buddy got his Mavic in the air, I spotted a water spout and a fin off in the distance. I encouraged Mark to head that direction instead of the planned coastline. He didn't hesitate, and took off. The whales were about 3800' away and luckily I recently had LASIK done and was able to see the Mavic up to about 2800' and guide Mark, at which point he finally spotted the whales on his tablet and was able to record them for about 15 minutes. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!

WOW WOW WOW. Hope someday I can do a vid like this. Amazing video, thanks for sharing!

Cool vid! That's what I am hoping for down here in Florida. Not whales (only thing I might get here is a whale shark), but I would like to get some good wildlife vids. Good job on helping your friend.

Absolutely stunning, looks like a National Geographic documentary. It was really nice of the whale to wave at the camera :)

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed this video as much as me, co-workers, and our families have! We've tried to get more shots with more mavics (3 of us have one) but no luck so far.

Wow!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife