DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Whaligoe Steps, Caithness sea cliffs

Good flying. What a fascinating cliffside. I really like the backwards tilt-up @ 1:32. I’d wanna fly 3 batteries in that locale. Your flying vlog has been so entertaining. A roadmap to so many great sites, I really want to visit.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Another good video :)

The birds nesting in the cliffs are Fulmars. They will spit if you get too close.....
Thanks, and thank you for the bird identification, muchly appreciated :)

Reactions: RobertR
Good flying. What a fascinating cliffside. I really like the backwards tilt-up @ 1:32. I’d wanna fly 3 batteries in that locale. Your flying vlog has been so entertaining. A roadmap to so many great sites, I really want to visit.
Thanks... TBH we were visitinig with friends and spent about 30 ins in total - 10 mins of which was torrential rain and I didnt have my coat with me - so although I would have loved to fly more, it just wasn't really fair on friends to stay longer. I got 2 flights in, one 8 mins before the rain and one 15 mins after the rain. If the weather had been better I would have gone down the steps and flown from the bottom, got much closer and tried harder to captre the waterfall in the next cove to the left - it wasn't running particularly full though - but it is what it is, what we got made a decent enough video, and it leaves me with ideas for the next visit :)

Thanks for the coment on the whole trip, I love making the video's to show where we have been and to perhaps capture my own unique viewpoint, along with some music that works for me, if I have inspired one person to visit these places then I have done a service to all :) I hope you get to go there soon...