DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Whalley Abbey, A Cistercian Monastery.

Paul Iddon

Reactions
Whalley Abbey is a ruinous 13th-century Cistercian abbey on the banks of the River Calder in the peaceful Ribble Valley in Lancashire. Whalley Abbey is a former Cistercian abbey which after the dissolution of the monasteries, was largely demolished and a country house was built on the site.

Whalley Abbey was the second richest of Lancashire's monasteries, founded in 1296, when the Cistercian monks of Stanlaw moved there from their flood-prone site on the Cheshire shore of the River Mersey near Ellesmere Port.

The Gregorian chant you are listening to is sung by the Cistercian Monks Of Stift Heiligenkreuz - the Cistercian Chant Responsories of Matins for the Feast of St Bernard : Testamentum Eternum.

Paul.

Another good video

Reactions: Paul Iddon
I totally enjoyed this video. You did a great job. ALL of the shots were done with your drone, correct? Assuming so, many of your ground level shots look like professional dolly moves from the movies, especially the opening two shots. Well done. This, in fact, in a good example of how not all shots from a drone have to be high in the air. Our drones give us the amazing ability to imitate dolly and jib-arm moves like we see from Hollywood. Of course, the music was perfect! It looks like it was a enormous abbey in it's day.

I concur with DaveS. Great shots, many angles, not a plethora of 200’ shots but great close ups, too, giving the feeling that your viewer is walking through this relic. Terrific score as well.
It would be great to see this at multiple times of the day, e.g., sunrise/sunset, early evening.
I liked it… a lot.

• Love
I totally enjoyed this video. You did a great job. ALL of the shots were done with your drone, correct? Assuming so, many of your ground level shots look like professional dolly moves from the movies, especially the opening two shots. Well done. This, in fact, in a good example of how not all shots from a drone have to be high in the air. Our drones give us the amazing ability to imitate dolly and jib-arm moves like we see from Hollywood. Of course, the music was perfect! It looks like it was a enormous abbey in it's day.
I concur with DaveS. Great shots, many angles, not a plethora of 200’ shots but great close ups, too, giving the feeling that your viewer is walking through this relic. Terrific score as well.
It would be great to see this at multiple times of the day, e.g., sunrise/sunset, early evening.
I liked it… a lot.

Thank you both, very much appreciated.

@DaveS The whole video was indeed entirely shot on the Mini 3 Pro, you are correct. The ground level shots were carefully thought about beforehand - I even on occasion took of Bypass & Brake and trusted myself to have no collision detection on! I'm not usually this brave - though on these shots I kept myself very close to and behind the drone.

The music was my main concern - anticipating viewers would hear the first 30 seconds and then give up because of the audio.

@PHZ I wanted to create a sense of being "there" by trying to create a walk through the grounds - seems like I succeeded! Thanks too for the appreciation of the score - as mentioned it was a carefully sourced audio track which I hoped would give the impression of being there with the monks.

Paul.

Reactions: russpury
I concur with Dave. Excellent video tour. I loved the music selection (I am a fan of ancient chants). The tracks, bridge, and train might have been omitted and brought into another interesting video.

I concur with Dave. Excellent video tour. I loved the music selection (I am a fan of ancient chants). The tracks, bridge, and train might have been omitted and brought into another interesting video.

Thank you Russ.

The trains are on the edge of the property and is why I used it - though I did think that the bridge is not quite powerful enough to be on its own. I do know there are videos of it however that concentrate on the viaduct.

Paul.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13