DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What’s The Difference Between FPV & Tilt Lock?

MadDogDan

Reactions
I know FPV is first person view and I would think that wherever you physically point the OP is where the lense points so how is that different than Tilt Lock? What does the gimbal actually do that is different. When I play around in the two modes I kind of looks the same to me.

Reactions: mnis
FPV is really for use with goggles so you get the sensation of flying, as if you were in the cockpit. Tilt Lock? or Follow, on MPs, keeps the camera level at all times.
Try switching between the two.

Talking of the Osmo here, no goggles.

In FPV mode when you tilt the handle sideways the camera will follow. In other modes the horizon always stays flat.
Tilt lock keeps your current up/down position regardless of your handle movements, while in follow you can move the camera up/down by tilting the handle.

In FPV mode when you tilt the handle sideways the camera will follow. In other modes the horizon always stays flat.
Tilt lock keeps your current up/down position regardless of your handle movements, while in follow you can move the camera up/down by tilting the handle.

Thanks, that’s the most detailed explanation I have heard so far. Now I get it.

Ah. Missed the osmo reference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll