DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What 2nd drone do you recommend?

P.S. If I were a Mavic Pro owner looking for a second drone, I would probably not get an Air because of its more limited range.
I reluctantly agree. I love the Air and at first range didn't seem to be a problem (I was flying mostly in open country) but in the city I run into signal and video loss as close as 300 feet when it is easily in view.

Then again it depends on use. I just picked up a Tello and it's a lot of fun to fly around the house.

Reactions: Former Member
I was considering adding an air to my collection of just one Mavic Pro 2. Then I realized how much the extra batteries and all would cost so I thought about buying a zoom to go with my pro II since I could just buy the unit and would already have all the batteries. I thought it might make me more confident knowing I had a backup drone if I crashed mine into the river etc. Then I realized that was silly and I should wait until crashing my MP2 in the river THEN buy a replacement LOL since recovery of the dead bird would be impossible in our local river. So I have encumbered the replacement cost in my mind for the future and I am a calmer drone pilot as a result :)

also after learning about the HQ vs. wide video settings on the MP2, the zoom seemed a little less different.

I was considering adding an air to my collection of just one Mavic Pro 2. Then I realized how much the extra batteries and all would cost so I thought about buying a zoom to go with my pro II since I could just buy the unit and would already have all the batteries. I thought it might make me more confident knowing I had a backup drone if I crashed mine into the river etc. Then I realized that was silly and I should wait until crashing my MP2 in the river THEN buy a replacement LOL since recovery of the dead bird would be impossible in our local river. So I have encumbered the replacement cost in my mind for the future and I am a calmer drone pilot as a result :)

also after learning about the HQ vs. wide video settings on the MP2, the zoom seemed a little less different.

If you use it for work, it would make sense for you to have a backup M2. It would use the same battery, charger, etc as your other M2.

If you are just using it for recreation, then your Plan B makes more sense.

Just wondering what you guys think. I currently have a 9 month old Mavic Pro in mint condition and it flies awesome with zero problems. It's a tank! I love it and have NO intention of selling it.
I just want to ADD to my current line up... ... Of one single drone. Lol

I'm thinking my options are the Mavic 2 Pri the Zoom or even an Air, maybe.

Would it be silly to get a another Mavic pro or maybe the premium! They'd be a ton cheaper, right?

Just wondering.
I like the spark in smaller places - it draws no attention.

Reactions: Former Member
Just wondering what you guys think. I currently have a 9 month old Mavic Pro in mint condition and it flies awesome with zero problems. It's a tank! I love it and have NO intention of selling it.

Would it be silly to get a another Mavic pro or maybe the premium! They'd be a ton cheaper, right?

Just wondering.

Hi.

I actually went the other way and brought a P4P first which I absolutely love. Then a couple of weeks ago I brought the Air, which I am holidaying with at present. You need to ask a question first, what is it going to be used for? The Phantom is much more stable and in my opinion (without creating an us vs them debate) just that much better taking photos/videos. However it is much larger and more cumbersome. Ask the question first and whatever you choose, you’ll be happy with. Enjoy??

Guys, thanks so much for the observations..
Hmm..
I'm going to hold tight for a second and continue to research..
This stupid photography thing now has me looking at $1500 telephoto lenses for my camera, too.
Ugh, going to go broke.

I love it

Reactions: naiku
This stupid photography thing now has me looking at $1500 telephoto lenses for my camera, too.

I hear you, I like to dabble in astrophotography, the cost of some of the equipment there is eye watering. Thankfully, I can get results I'm happy with using a DSLR and some budget wide angle lenses.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah

Just wondering.
I have a mavic pro, a mavic 2 Zoom and goggles RE. I still use my mavic pro as the goggles don’t work with the zoom. I also like the fixed wing mode which the zoom doesn’t have. Like you I have seriously considered buying another mavic pro but I am waiting for the price to come down more as I already can’t really justify buying another. I know that one day I will probably lose my mavic pro but I wouldn’t ever consider selling it. I once flew it 15000 feet out over the ocean hit the return button and it landed next to my feet like a well trained gun dog would. Selling it would be like sending a dog to the vet to be put down.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I have a Mavic Pro and a Phantom 4, but added a Mavic Air for portability last year. Out of all three the Mavic Pro is the best all round, the P4 for windy conditions, but I use my Mavic Air the most.

If I was reducing my drone count the Mavic Air would be the last to go, the P4 the first. Anyone want a mint P4 with 2 batteries, backpack etc (NE England)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman