DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What a beast the Air 2 S is !!

Wait. I never heard about this. Are you saying the regular Mav2Pro comes with the smart controller now? Without an increase in price? Where are you seeing a regularly priced M2P which includes a smart controller? Or, whatever you are seeing.
It's an upgrade but it's in a kit for only a little more money than the standard one. I've only used them with ipads and I no longer have a small Ipad. I'd have to use a phone which I don't want to do. I assume the smart controller is more reliable all around better. Am I mistaken? I'm going to try and visit the DJI store later today in Miami and see what I can learn.

what is it with people still wanting the now old tech smart controller ? yes its bright but so are large modern phones and some tablets. we know that the range and video feed is sub par compared to the new o3 connection as well.i would not swap one for the std controller now ,im sure DJI will bring out a new smart controller soon.the only thing i can see is convenience if you use multiple drones.but maybe im missing something else,sorry i dont own one my good friend used to have one though.
To me the smart controller is brighter and designed specifically for flying, more conveniently attached, etc etc. For only four hundred more than the standard one, I thought it was a no-brainer. Technology moves so fast it's so difficult to just keep waiting but I still have time to figure it out. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninja_geezer
It's an upgrade but it's in a kit for only a little more money than the standard one. I've only used them with ipads and I no longer have a small Ipad. I'd have to use a phone which I don't want to do. I assume the smart controller is more reliable all around better. Am I mistaken? I'm going to try and visit the DJI store later today in Miami and see what I can learn.
there are some good recent tests on youtube comparing the smart controller to the new o3 controller you get with the Air 2 s ....the difference in video feed and range was quite a bit .
here is just one.

there are some good recent tests on youtube comparing the smart controller to the new o3 controller you get with the Air 2 s ....the difference in video feed and range was quite a bit .
here is just one.
Thanks, I think I watched a few comparisons when it was first released which I why I wanted one. I'm surprised they don't offer it with the new Air2s also. I'm doing a shoot on Wednesday with a Phantom 4 Pro and I will find out just how good that camera is for what I need.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Thanks, I think I watched a few comparisons when it was first released which I why I wanted one. I'm surprised they don't offer it with the new Air2s also. I'm doing a shoot on Wednesday with a Phantom 4 Pro and I will find out just how good that camera is for what I need.
this is worth a watch as well.

Wait. I never heard about this. Are you saying the regular Mav2Pro comes with the smart controller now? Without an increase in price? Where are you seeing a regularly priced M2P which includes a smart controller? Or, whatever you are seeing.
You were surprised as I was. Just checked DJI website and it doesn't show the Smart Controller as part of the kit, but as an add-on. I too would like to know what he meant.

this is worth a watch as well.

Not sure why anyone would try and use high ISO's on tiny sensors. I will never be any good for anything except maybe surveillance work. I'm more interested in dynamic range at its lowest ISO for a comparison. I assumed they were the same cameras but I guess the sensor in the newer drones may be an updated version or the software/firmware may be better too. I'll see how the Phantom does later this week. The Air2s caught my eye with the better camera, that new low price point, and updated features, (at least compared with the other Mavics and the Phantom. I would expect an updated Phantom is way past due at this point in time? There is also a huge gap between it and the aging Inspire II, (which is really what I should be looking at for my needs although $$$). Maybe an updated Phantom with the Zenmuse quality camera! That would be perfect for me right now. Something with the ease and simplicity of the Mavic but with a S-35 Pro camera :)

I'm still with Mavic Pro (1, pre-ordered). I thus don't know Fly app but can figure what you say because I see the trend, which is to lower and simplify but, in the same way, block any possibility science computing offers by nature. Even buying a brand new Canon scanner prevents you from anything not expected for a normal man in a normal life comparing to older products. Freedom is definitively a notion of the past and we can even meet in this wonderful forum more and more people acting as prosecutors rather than hackers (that is to say people looking for knowledge).
Have to disagree. Having been a DJI user since Mavic 1 I have seen vast improvements in the hardware and general handling of these things, but a general dumbing down of the software to a point now which makes them little more than toys with good cameras. The lack of ability to program waypoints is a (post) dealbreaker for me. Beyond frustrating. Hyperlapse is an utter joke on all levels. So many niggly issues that are so easily fixed....or simply RETURNED to the software. These things are, of course, intentional. They will no doubt be available on the next issue from DJI.

Loving my MA2, played with it in fpv mode. Now I want to add an fpv drone to my fleet,but not the dji. Which fpv drone and googles are compatible with my MA2 controller?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato