DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What about a WiFi range extender?

SpyderSkeets

Reactions
Just a thought. Personally, I haven't had an issue with the range (yet?).

I realize that situations may not always be convenient or possible to have a wifi range extender, but when it is, why not use one of those long range wifi extenders? Ive seen relatively inexpensive ones that can increase the range to 2 miles. Im not even sure if it is possible with the "enhanced wifi" of the Air, but just wondering.

I realize that situations may not always be convenient or possible to have a wifi range extender, but when it is, why not use one of those long range wifi extenders? Ive seen relatively inexpensive ones that can increase the range to 2 miles. Im not even sure if it is possible with the "enhanced wifi" of the Air, but just wondering.
Check out what the pilots are using on the
Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

I just got the Raptor XR from MaxxUAV for my Mavic Air and it’s freakin awesome. Easy 45-minute mod to the controller and I’m getting better video feed to my iPad now. I had two long distance runs with my stock controller where I hit 9700 feet but the signal was pretty much unusable around 9000 feet. With the XR in place, I hit 10,100 and 11,400 with good video feed the whole time. I just wanted to test the limits there. I did another run yesterday in an area where I’ve lost signal between 1500-2000 feet with the stock controller but took it to 6700 feet with the XR and maintained a solid video feed right up to the end. The other benefit I’ve noticed is that I can be lower in altitude and still retain a good video feed so it seems to handle obstacles a little better. I’ve been able to come down about 100 feet in altitude versus the stock controller. All good!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsuruncle