DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What accessories should I prioritize??

jackel198

Reactions
Just bought mini 3 pro without smart controller. It’s going to take me a while to get all the accessories I want. I have a case for it but what accessories should I prioritize getting? I can’t afford the smart controller right now so I was just thinking of buying one extra battery right now then the maybe nd filters?

what accessories should I prioritize getting?
It sounds like you already have everything you need to start flying. Maybe fly for a bit so you can figure out exactly what additional items you need?

Reactions: FLDave
Thank you I have a mini 2 drone already I just got a really good deal on a factory sealed mini 3 I couldn’t pass up. I just keep seeing all these reviews about the nd filters and was thinking about purchasing those before a extra battery

Download and read the manual is primary, especially the Home Point and RTH sections. Batteries first purchase. Not battery, batteries. ND and PL filters are nice, but unneccessary for the most part. Stick time, stick time, stick time!!!

You already have a mini 2, so whatever accessories you really needed for that are the same type of accessories you would need now. Did you use ND filters with the mini 2? If not why do you think they are necessary for you mini 3 now? Did you use extra batteries with you mini 2?
You current experience should give you the best idea of what you really need for the flying you really do.
Learning is likely more important than new accessories.

You are thinking along the right lines
Thems saying you need more flying, well how you supposed to do that with 1 batt'?

Without question, an extended range battery and a fast charger.

I flew lots on a recent road trip and charged the long range battery with a 30W charger from DJI. The charge rate as indicated by the battery's LED array was at least twice as fast as any other I've seen.

I'd fly for ten or fifteen minutes, land, set the battery charging and move on. When I stopped again, the battery was full. For over a week, I never needed to swap batteries out of the aircraft. I ran the 110V 30W charger from the vehicle's battery with a cheap, small inverter.

Here's the unconscionable mess I live with on the road. The RC charges directly from the cigar lighter, the aircraft by a longer cord from the (not shown) inverter. I avoid unfolding the aircraft at each stop by placing it on my backpack on the floor. I use the readily-available towel and jacket to cover the hardware when I'm out of the vehicle.

1665161142418.png

1665161524798.png
These two make a great team.

1665161943905.png
SW Alberta, Canada. Among the first few shots I've done with the Mini 3

The change in flight-time battery anxiety from my Mini 2 to my Mini 3 is SO welcome.

Batteries before ND filters every time. Only spend bucks on ND filters when you can absolutely see the need for them. I shot aerials on 35mm film from helicopters for years. I don't have any ND filters for my Mini 3.

Yet. :)

You already have a mini 2, so whatever accessories you really needed for that are the same type of accessories you would need now. Did you use ND filters with the mini 2? If not why do you think they are necessary for you mini 3 now? Did you use extra batteries with you mini 2?
You current experience should give you the best idea of what you really need for the flying you really do.
Learning is likely more important than new accessories.
FLDave: Thanks for the ND recommendation. I did some web searching and found several types, including adjustable single. Any specific recommendations regarding sellers?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos