DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Android Tablet are You Using With Your Mini?

Gandalf00

Reactions
My Google Pixel phone works fine with my Mini, but I'd like something with a larger screen. What Android tablet are you using and how do you like it? Please no iPad discussions. This is not meant to knock Apple, but me and Apple products do not get along very well.

My Google Pixel phone works fine with my Mini, but I'd like something with a larger screen. What Android tablet are you using and how do you like it? Please no iPad discussions. This is not meant to knock Apple, but me and Apple products do not get along very well.
I was in the exact same boat as you just a few weeks ago, so I started a thread.

Exactly the same situation...hated Apple... etc. But I couldn't possibly be happier with running the Fly App on an iPad Pro 10.5. After dealing with all the crap from Android tablets...taking 2 back...I just bit the bullet and went for it.

Make sure to disregard any comments from anyone that is NOT running the Fly App. Different machines only work with certain apps and they are not interchangable.

Thanks I'll check out your thread. My concern in buying an iPad is that I'll use it only to fly my mini. Except for the screen size, I am very happy with my Pixel and don't really look forward to trying to learn and live with yet another "ecosystem".

Hauwai Mediapad M5 pro or light work well.

Reactions: Meta4
hi, i use the xiaomi Mi Pad 4 it is very powerful, comfortable screen size and above all the screen is visible in direct sunlight even without sun visor

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" SM T-290 works and only costs $183 Cdn at Costco. It runs 64 bit Android and so can also run DJI Fly. Note that Android devices will draw just under 500mA from your controller. the solution is a power bank and OTG cable. ( Lekufee bracket with Velcro on back to hold power bank.)

Attachments

• Mini OTG.jpg
    Mini OTG.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: ff22
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" SM T-290 works and only costs $183 Cdn at Costco. It runs 64 bit Android and so can also run DJI Fly. Note that Android devices will draw just under 500mA from your controller. the solution is a power bank and OTG cable. ( Lekufee bracket with Velcro on back to hold power bank.)
Is that Y connector something your wired/rigged up or is there a commercial equivalent?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d