DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What app are you using?

Trollistika

Reactions
New member... finally got a zoom yesterday. What are you guys using to check maps to see of you can fly? There's a few out there and noticed the dji4go app doesn't show restricted areadls like certain forest like other apps. Which is the best?

New member... finally got a zoom yesterday. What are you guys using to check maps to see of you can fly? There's a few out there and noticed the dji4go app doesn't show restricted areadls like certain forest like other apps. Which is the best?

AirMap is the most detailed and comprehensive. What I like about it is you can pick the rules you are flying under. So if you are a recreational pilot choose “fly for fun (101E), or if you are a 107 pilot you can choose 107 rules.

There’s also “AirMap’s suggested rules” you can turn off or on and they are things that aren’t against the law but might be a advisable like staying away from a school or a power plant.

DJI Go 4 comes up with a map showing I'm in 2 NFZ's that overlap on my home but when I use Airmap it shows none, only one about a mile away from my home. Which do I go by and is there a way to use Airmap in the DJI Go 4 app instead of the default one?

DJI Go 4 comes up with a map showing I'm in 2 NFZ's that overlap on my home but when I use Airmap it shows none, only one about a mile away from my home. Which do I go by and is there a way to use Airmap in the DJI Go 4 app instead of the default one?
No there is not.

You

As was already said DJI uses its own system but to give you any sort of clarity we will need to know your approximate location. No need to give us the exact location of your home but enough so we can see what you are seeing

Exactly, I am seeing inconsistencies amount all the apps. CA STATE PARKS are apparently ok to fly by almost all the maps, but doing a Google search says otherwise. :/

Being a new pilot with my 1st drone, this is scary since the fines are nearly 1000f and the drone taken.

Here's a nice test for a noob like me. Enter this on Google maps. 37.267834,-122.321658

All apps don't say NOT to fly. And it's off the parks. So can you fly there?

Here's a nice test for a noob like me. Enter this on Google maps. 37.267834,-122.321658

All apps don't say NOT to fly. And it's off the parks. So can you fly there?

That’s class G aka unregulated airspace why wouldn’t you be able to fly there?

There are wilderness areas around that location but you just can’t take off or land there. Flying over is discouraged but not prohibited.

This is a situation where B4Ufly app comes in handy. What I do when in doubt is look at DJI’s map, AirMap, and B4UFly. If two out of there say I can fly then I’ll take that as a yes

Reactions: MavicMikeK
Ok, so if you can't take off and land... then you can't fly there. How else would you fly? From far away? Also... are all class G this way? Where you can't land or take off?

Ok, so if you can't take off and land... then you can't fly there. How else would you fly? From far away? Also... are all class G this way? Where you can't land or take off?

Let me rephrase. In that exact spot you have pinpointed you can take off, land, and fly as far as the drone can go in any direction. Remember class G is good to go airspace

Reactions: MavicMikeK
Ohhh, I understand. That's good to know. So class G is perfectly fine for flight unless you enter the actual National Parks in which are spotted everywhere on that coordinate. Thanks for the info! Issue for is in CA, even though it might look good to go with all the apps... we have to deal with local regulations. And it varies between towns and areas. Good example is Half moon bay used to be good to fly, suddenly over night it became illegal on most of the coast, but non of the apps show that. I was hoping this issue would be resolved by now.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23