DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are some of the top acessories for the Mavic Air?

1c88c55bda6f5ebd5f29a44483463bcd.jpg

Best accessory I’ve bought [emoji5]

Reactions: n1cK! and PureBlue
Having lost one M2P, I am thinking in categories:
1. replacement/insurance (eg. DJI Care)
2. spare Props (May be only me)
3. recovery devices (eg. Getterback, Dronekeeper, GPS-tracker...)
4. essentials to your needs (eg. filters, leg extensions...)
5. convenience stuff (eg. multi-charger, skins)

I bought a 2 port car charger for my batteries from amazon...probably one of the best purchases as I can charge on the road or from my boat and just keep flying...

You hit most of the ones that I have, but let me add a few changes.

Landing pad. Not really needed for landing, but for take-offs. Unless you are hand launching you're not supposed to take off from concrete/blacktop. I like to not have my Air in the dirt, mud, grass, etc.

Dedicated tablet. This might be overkill, but I have dedicated tablets for all of my drones. I use a full size iPad and the extra real estate makes a huge difference to me. Might be my old eyes, but it helps.

Your SD card has to be a U3. I would go with a minimum of 128, but even 256 can be had for about $40 if you look for good deals. Sandisk Extreme U3 256 is $43 today on Amazon.

Extra props.

Travel charger - car cigarette lighter adapter

might be a dumb question, but why are you not supposed to take off from concrete or blacktop?

I had a few toy drones before I got my Mavic Air. And I can tell you I haven’t learned anything from the toys. lol. The difference from a cheap toy drone to the Air is night and day. I wouldn’t waste money on toys...just start slow when you get your Air. I stayed close and didn’t fly probably over 30’ until I felt comfortable going further.

As far as accessories, batteries would probably be number one. I didn’t get filters or any other accessories right away.

The second accessory I got was a phone mount because I didn’t want to take my $1000 phone out of its case every time I flew. I did end up getting polar pro filters because I live in Hawaii and mostly fly at the beach. It made a huge difference in my footage.

I would honestly hold off on the 4 hawks raptor until you actually fly your drone. Where I fly I have never lost connection or felt the need that I needed a stronger connection. You should fly it and see if you have issues with the stock antenna first. You may be surprised.

I found that I have to remove the case from my S9+ just to get it to fit within the controller grips. Which phone mount do you use?

I found that I have to remove the case from my S9+ just to get it to fit within the controller grips. Which phone mount do you use?

I got this one Skyreat Mavic Air Pro Foldable -Alloy 4-12" Ipad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic Pro/Mavic Air, DJI Spark Accessories Remote Controller Amazon.com: Skyreat Mavic Air Pro Foldable -Alloy 4-12" Ipad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic Pro/Mavic Air, DJI Spark Accessories Remote Controller: Electronics

I have a galaxy note 9 and have a supcase unicorn beetle pro case on it. It fits perfectly also I can fit my iPad Air into this mount if I wanted to.

I got this one Skyreat Mavic Air Pro Foldable -Alloy 4-12" Ipad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic Pro/Mavic Air, DJI Spark Accessories Remote Controller Amazon.com: Skyreat Mavic Air Pro Foldable -Alloy 4-12" Ipad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic Pro/Mavic Air, DJI Spark Accessories Remote Controller: Electronics

I have a galaxy note 9 and have a supcase unicorn beetle pro case on it. It fits perfectly also I can fit my iPad Air into this mount if I wanted to.

do you use the same cable that came with the controller, or did you have to use a different one? will it reach? does it get in the way of the holder where it grips the phone?

I use the stock usb cable that came with the drone and I wrap the excess cable around the 2 bars that stand straight up on the mount. The short cables won’t reach you have to use the usb under the controller or get longer cables to use the side plug on the controller

I use the stock usb cable that came with the drone and I wrap the excess cable around the 2 bars that stand straight up on the mount. The short cables won’t reach you have to use the usb under the controller or get longer cables to use the side plug on the controller

ah, I see. by the looks of the mount, it didn't look like I could use the side plugs without getting longer cables. also, since you can reposition the phone with the mount, do you find that it helps with glare?

ah, I see. by the looks of the mount, it didn't look like I could use the side plugs without getting longer cables. also, since you can reposition the phone with the mount, do you find that it helps with glare?

It helps but couple times a Kaiona’s I had a hard time seeing the screen. A sunshade or hood for the phone would be good to have also. Made one from cardboard but never used it yet

might be a dumb question, but why are you not supposed to take off from concrete or blacktop?

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with your compass calibration.

A lot of concrete surfaces contain metal rebar. That rebar will interfere will the compass if the aircraft is close to the rebar on takeoff.

A lot of blacktop is safe to take off from. Doing these checks before taking off will confirm:

1) Check the status message at the top of DJI GO and make sure it’s not reporting a magnetic interference error (like in the screenshot below). If you see this error, that’s a sign that your drone is near some type of magnetic metal object. Move your drone to a different location.

2) When your drone is on the ground at the takeoff spot, look at the map in DJI GO and verify that the red aircraft symbol is pointing in the same direction as the drone. If the drone and arrow are not both pointing in the same direction, that’s a sign that your drone is near some type of magnetic metal object.

3) Make sure the red aircraft symbol in DJI GO is not slowly rotating as your drone is sitting on the ground. If the red aircraft symbol is rotating, that’s a sign that your drone is near some type of magnetic metal object.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt