DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are your favourite camera angles and motions? ? Looking for more ideas ?

ChristophB

Reactions
Hi all,

I've been shooting drone videos for a while now, but I'm keen to find out what shots you think work well to bring a bit of diversion into a video.

Here's my recent video, shot with a friend of mine. He has a Mavic Air 2 and I have a Mini 2:

Drone shots start at ~0:12

Do you have ideas or suggestions on what other shots could be added to make it more interesting?

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Reactions: rcourtney671
Great video overall - as a marketing video for the destination.
Depending on your target audience; is this focused on the tourism industry or something else?
If you were not on a tight schedule, perhaps waiting for a blue-sky day(s) would have been better that a flat-light gray sky.
The takes with sunshine were more appealing and welcoming.
Each area worth shooting, to 'draw the audience in' should start with a wide, high overview, then cut to a mid then to a close-up of the best stuff - and on to the next. The end could do the opposite. Show a close-up of the strongest location then back out - maybe to a high, wide sunset. Leave the audience with closure but wanting more.

Great video overall - as a marketing video for the destination.
Depending on your target audience; is this focused on the tourism industry or something else?
If you were not on a tight schedule, perhaps waiting for a blue-sky day(s) would have been better that a flat-light gray sky.
The takes with sunshine were more appealing and welcoming.
Each area worth shooting, to 'draw the audience in' should start with a wide, high overview, then cut to a mid then to a close-up of the best stuff - and on to the next. The end could do the opposite. Show a close-up of the strongest location then back out - maybe to a high, wide sunset. Leave the audience with closure but wanting more.
Great tips here, thanks a lot @LenSavage ! Much appreciated!

I will definitely try them out next time! I like the idea of having a wide high overview first and then zooming into the details and nuances.

In terms of your question: There is no marketing, destination or tourism commercial interest behind these. It's just a hobby. The weather depends on whatever the weekend brings ?

Great shots! But they change way too fast in my opinion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair