DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What can a controller do that an SC cant?

Come again? Short version?

not sure how short it shrot but here goes.

Unless you can include all data points to support your theory you're no more right than anyone else and i would go as far as to say it's quite small given the total potential scope.
You are saying that owners and operators of DJI equipment are inept because they have problems with their equipment? Really?

There has never been a problem with DJI equipment that was not caused by the owner?

inept is your word, i'd lean towards ignorant (by the definition, not name calling), but, yes, I'll stand by my statement "these "issues" are more user related than actual device malfunction when it comes to the SC.

re-quoting myself - i guess it's possible to be a car lover but not even know what a wrench does so my assumption is misplaced but I walked into Droning thinking most involved would have a high technology aptitude and judging from the posts that's not the case.

i'd lean towards ignorant (by the definition, not name calling), but, yes, I'll stand by my statement "these "issues" are more user related than actual device malfunction when it comes to the SC.

Now you are calling people inept if a device doesnt work?

You and @CanadaDrone must be related. The more you two post, the more I am convinced that you either work for DJI, or you are affiliated with them.

Now you are calling people inept if a device doesnt work?

You and @CanadaDrone must be related. The more you two post, the more I am convinced that you either work for DJI, or you are affiliated with them.

so is that what this is? your deep rooted dislike for DJI?

i will give you this - once upon a time i managed a help desk (staff of ~300) and our product had approx a half-million users and it's potentially jaded me, if that makes me a DJI supporter/affiliate i guess i'm guilty.

it's natural to blame the manufacturer, it's easy, do i think they are perfect? absolutely not, but i will say, from what I've read here on the SC "issues", well, there's more powers at play than a faulty device, ignorance can be a significant power.

and just because after troubleshooting DJI tells the person to send it back doesn't mean the device is faulty, in fact it's probably part of their process once they exhaust all alternatives and that also includes ignorance. "here - let me send you a new one" sometimes works wonders...

so is that what this is? your deep rooted dislike for DJI?

i will give you this - once upon a time i managed a help desk (staff of ~300) and our product had approx a half-million users and it's potentially jaded me, if that makes me a DJI supporter/affiliate i guess i'm guilty.

it's natural to blame the manufacturer, it's easy, do i think they are perfect? absolutely not, but i will say, from what I've read here on the SC "issues", well, there's more powers at play than a faulty device, ignorance can be a significant power.

and just because after troubleshooting DJI tells the person to send it back doesn't mean the device is faulty, in fact it's probably part of their process once they exhaust all alternatives and that also includes ignorance. "here - let me send you a new one" sometimes works wonders...

Ah sorry, I forgot to include you with the other DJI affiliates. Honestly guys, if you want to extoll the virtues of DJI, please come out of hiding and tell us who you really are and what your affiliation to DJI is. We can have an above board conversation.

Also, PLEASE stop calling anyone here ignorant. Just because they might be on the same intellectual level that you think you are, doesnt make their experience or opinion any less valid.

alright you thrive in this type of engagement it drives you, so, you be you.

ignorance has a place here whether anyone wants to admit it or not; you're a business owner so you have some martyrdom that compels you to fight for the little guy, it's good for business.

experience is subjective, opinions? are just that.

yes, i'm confident i'm a SME on this subject, just like if we were physically fixing drones, you'd have no argument from me, only thoughtful questions and active listening.

That boat sailed a long time ago.

Please, show me the quote that you keep accusing me of. That's a reasonable request and all I have been asking for. It'll be in this thread so it should be super easy to find. If there is some sort of misunderstanding it can be cleared up. The fact that you keep ignoring this request is baffling and does not reflect well on your reputation. It's OK to be wrong, we all are at times.

For the nth time, the only thing I have ever disputed in this thread is the notion that greater than 50% of SC's have issues. That has been the clear basis of all of my replies.

alright you thrive in this type of engagement it drives you, so, you be you.

its what the forum is all about. Conversations, discussions, debates. Yes those things drive me.

ignorance has a place here whether anyone wants to admit it or not; you're a business owner so you have some martyrdom that compels you to fight for the little guy, it's good for business.

People calling other people ignorant does not have a place here, sorry. Thats insulting.

I am a voluntary martyr every day for my customers. I would rather share my experiences and risk my drone than let someone risk theirs. I dont do it because it's "good for my business." I do it because I get tremendous enjoyment out of helping people.

Most of the time I spend here is helping people for free. Do I do it to build my business? No I dont. Helping people makes me feel good.

Please, show me the quote that you keep accusing me of. That's a reasonable request and all I have been asking for. It'll be in this thread so it should be super easy to find. If there is some sort of misunderstanding it can be cleared up. The fact that you keep ignoring this request is baffling and does not reflect well on your reputation. It's OK to be wrong, we all are at times.

For the nth time, the only thing I have ever disputed in this thread is the notion that greater than 50% of SC's have issues. That has been the clear basis of all of my replies.

Can you please do yourself a favor? Pleease go back and count how many posts on this thread are yours. Then go back to see what the original thread topic was. Ok, here it is again for you:

Im guessing that the majority if your posts were off topic. Im not going to call you a troll, but maybe I should put up a "no soliciting" sign here.

Can you please do yourself a favor? Pleease go back and count how many posts on this thread are yours. Then go back to see what the original thread topic was. Ok, here it is again for you:

Im guessing that the majority if your posts were off topic. Im not going to call you a troll, but maybe I should put up a "no soliciting" sign here.

It was your unsolicited off-topic remark that sparked this entire discussion. I will quote it for you below where you said that anyone not having issues with the SC is in the minority, because if I am going to say that you said something, I am able to actually provide the quote. Further, I am still waiting for you to provide the quote where I said no SC's have issues. I think that is a reasonable request.

Anyone who says that they have not had a single problem with the smart controller is probably not using it enough. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but you are definitely in the minority.

It was your unsolicited off-topic remark that sparked this entire discussion. I will quote it for you below where you said that anyone not having issues with the SC is in the minority, because if I am going to say that you said something, I am able to actually provide the quote. Further, I am still waiting for you to provide the quote where I said no SC's have issues. I think that is a reasonable request.

Instead of continuing to disrupt this thread (Im not calling you a troll), would it be possible for you to navigate back to the title of the topic?

Here is a recap:

There is no dedicated screen with basic flight information on the SC.
With a M2P controller there is one. If the device is failing the MP2, the AC can be flow back with that screen on the RC.

SC does not have this feature - If the SC main screen / GO4 app crashed or stopped you have to wait to restart the SC ... You know: if seconds count - help is only minutes away ..:oops:

The SC will not work with DJI's on line simulator - maybe it will now

The SC does Not have a balanced Lanyard option that I see anybody selling. a big fail in my opinion.

Save you money.

Instead of continuing to disrupt this thread (Im not calling you a troll), would it be possible for you to navigate back to the title of the topic?

I see you are still ignoring my very reasonable request to provide a quote of what you have spent the last 2 pages accusing me of. At least have the decency to find the quote where I said no SC's have issues. I certainly can't find it, but you obviously think you read that somewhere so I am asking you again, nicely, to provide it. Either you were arguing against something that you never read, or you will be able to provide the quote. It can only be one or the other.

At any rate, you initiated the topic-change that sparked the entire thread disruption (as quoted in my previous post), so if you're done then I am done ;) It's been fun.

I see you are still ignoring my very reasonable request to provide a quote of what you have spent the last 2 pages accusing me of. At least have the decency to find the quote where I said no SC's have issues. I certainly can't find it, but you obviously think you read that somewhere so I am asking you again, nicely, to provide it. Either you were arguing against something that you never read, or you will be able to provide the quote. It can only be one or the other.

At any rate, you initiated the topic-change that sparked the entire thread disruption (as quoted in my previous post), so if you're done then I am done ;) It's been fun.

Around 20 or 30 posts ago you asked if anyone else had anything to say. lol I would like to know the answer to that question too. :rolleyes:

Around 20 or 30 posts ago you asked if anyone else had anything to say. lol I would like to know the answer to that question too. :rolleyes:

Why won't you provide me with the quote that you have spent the last 2 pages accusing me of and arguing against? Show me where I said no SC's have issues. Surely you read it somewhere to argue so vehemently against it.

I think I know the answer, and it would involve eating some crow, so I get why you probably don't want to - but carrying on like this is not a good look for you to be honest, especially when you run a business through your online reputation.

Look, we get it, you made a mistake (misinterpretation or otherwise), and I probably shouldn't have carried on as long as I did either asking you questions that I already knew the answer to. Lets put this to bed.

Why won't you provide me with the quote that you have spent the last 2 pages accusing me of and arguing against? Show me where I said no SC's have issues. Surely you read it somewhere to argue so vehemently against it.

I think I know the answer, and it would involve eating some crow, so I get why you probably don't want to - but carrying on like this is not a good look for you to be honest, especially when you run a business through your online reputation.

Look, we get it, you made a mistake (misinterpretation or otherwise), and I probably shouldn't have carried on as long as I did either asking you questions that I already knew the answer to. Lets put this to bed.

Ok, let me spell it out for you. You agree that some people have issues with Smartcontrollers. Do you think they are ignorant, inept, or simply dont know how to use it? Any other reasons?

It seems like its hard for you to stay on topic without bringing in other issues.

Ok, let me spell it out for you. You agree that some people have issues with Smartcontrollers. Do you think they are ignorant, inept, or simply dont know how to use it? Any other reasons?

It seems like its hard for you to stay on topic without bringing in other issues.

Correct. Thank you for acknowledging what I actually said. We agree that some number of SC's will have/do have issues, as with any electronic product. I respectfully disagree that greater than 50% of SC's have issues, or put another way, that people not experiencing issues are in a minority.

No, I do not think the users experiencing issues are ignorant, inept, or don't know how to use it. I have never said anything like that, nor even implied it. Yes, some issues will be the result of user error, as with anything, and that is not a put-down to anyone, it is an unavoidable reality. What we need to be careful of (and I am not accusing you of anything) is to not lump those cases in with claims of unreliability, and that is extremely difficult to verify, especially in an online environment. That is a job for the manufacturer, who not only has the best data to determine something like that, but also the most to lose if the claims are true.

I deviated from the topic by replying to your comment (which I provided in a quote above), so I would say the same about you ;) When you said that I was "definitely" in a minority with an issue-free SC, it prompted the replies that led to this discussion. If one day I have issues with my SC, I will gladly post here and draw on the experience of the community for a possible resolution. With all due respect, if I deviated from a topic with a comment like that directed toward you, I am sure you would not have ignored it. We are both opinionated and enjoy discussing things, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I apologize if I have offended you in any way during this exchange, but I hope you can also see my point of view.

Correct. Thank you for acknowledging what I actually said. We agree that some number of SC's will have/do have issues, as with any electronic product. I respectfully disagree that greater than 50% of SC's have issues, or put another way, that people not experiencing issues are in a minority.

No, I do not think the users experiencing issues are ignorant, inept, or don't know how to use it. I have never said anything like that, nor even implied it. Yes, some issues will be the result of user error, as with anything, and that is not a put-down to anyone, it is an unavoidable reality. What we need to be careful of (and I am not accusing you of anything) is to not lump those cases in with claims of unreliability, and that is extremely difficult to verify, especially in an online environment. That is a job for the manufacturer, who not only has the best data to determine something like that, but also the most to lose if the claims are true.

I deviated from the topic by replying to your comment (which I provided above in a quote above), so I would say the same about you ;) When you said that I was "definitely" in a minority with an issue-free SC, it prompted the replies that led to this discussion. With all due respect, if I deviated from a topic with a comment like that directed toward you, I am sure you would not have ignored it. We are both opinionated and enjoy discussing things, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I apologize if I have offended you in any way during this exchange, but I hope you can also see my point of view.

Im betting that your English teacher used a red pen alot on your essays.

Im betting that your English teacher used a red pen alot on your essays.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, and I am sorry that you feel the need to resort to childish remarks to feel validated in what I thought was a turn in the right direction with regards to this discussion. It's OK to disagree on something, and intelligent discussions or debates benefit the entire community.

If you think there are any spelling or grammatical errors in my writing, feel free to send me a PM and I would be happy to discuss them or correct them in the interest of clarity as to not derail this thread even further.

Have a good day :)

I'm sorry that you feel that way, and I am sorry that you feel the need to resort to childish remarks to feel validated in what I thought was a turn in the right direction with regards to this discussion. It's OK to disagree on something, and intelligent discussions or debates benefit the entire community.

If you think there are any spelling or grammatical errors in my writing, feel free to send me a PM and I would be happy to discuss them or correct them in the interest of clarity as to not derail this thread even further.

Have a good day :)

Can you take the above post and shorten it to 20 or fewer words? Conciseness and brevity are virtues of many a great writer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78