DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What causes a "Navigation error"?

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Recently I started getting navigation errors. They go away when I restart the drone but it pops up randomly and either goes away on its own, or I have to restart it.
I'm worried it's gonna have a navigation error mid flight and crash. What exactly would cause a navigation error?

Could it be your drone is not hooking up to the required amount of GPS sats for accurate flying maybe?
No... Not the way it eats satellites on start up...

Navigation system error.
Simply restarting the Mini 2, in this case, may not work. DJI Support suggests that you move the drone away from any metal objects, then calibrate the IMU. If the issue persists, you will need to contact DJI Support.

Read more about Mini 2 Errors

I had this error and other weirdness. It requested IMU calibration which I did twice. Hasn’t reoccurred. When calibrating, look very carefully at the picture of the drone. The placement has to be exactly in the order shown.

I had that happen on my m30t recently. Ended up taking off on its own flipping over a couple times and dropping into a 15 ft deep canal. DJI said that it was pilot error. And good luck with support. You send them an email, they respond two days later you respond to that and they respond 2 Days later three four weeks go by before you can get a question answered. Probably none of the other drone companies are any better, it's just unfortunate and one of the downsides of this industry.

I had that happen on my m30t recently. Ended up taking off on its own flipping over a couple times and dropping into a 15 ft deep canal. DJI said that it was pilot error. And good luck with support. You send them an email, they respond two days later you respond to that and they respond 2 Days later three four weeks go by before you can get a question answered. Probably none of the other drone companies are any better, it's just unfortunate and one of the downsides of this industry.
Not just this industry, unfortunately. I've been suffering with microsoft tech support for a warranty problem with a Surface Pro I bought last spring. Absolutely no live support that I can find. Online chat maybe if it's up when you try. It isn't frequently.

My recent experience with DJI support (chat) was entirely positive.

My issue was complex, but my replacement drone should be back in my hands tomorrow following a nearly two week loss of use.

The main problem wasn't DJI, but UPS, who are experiencing labour issues currently. That and a holiday weekend and my relatively remote location in rural British Columbia.

I've had very good luck with speaking to tech support on a few issues. You can even fill out a section to have them call you back and they do. I had them help me with an issue and they walked me through every step and the whole think took over an hour to get sorted. I'd give them a call.

When you say navigation error what exactly comes up on the screen?
If it’s compass error you may be trying to take off from areas with metal or magnetic interference.
Do these warnings come up in different take off areas.

When you say navigation error what exactly comes up on the screen?
If it’s compass error you may be trying to take off from areas with metal or magnetic interference.
Do these warnings come up in different take off areas.
Navigation system error pops up

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman