DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What changes would you like to see on the Mavic

I would like an auto record feature like the litchi app. I hate when I have a great flight going and I notice I forgot to press record.

Please fix the wind sensors!!! warning box every 5 seconds comes back!! if I close it lets say 3 times, do not show me again!! there is no wind at all and warning going off every 5 seconds is very annoying and makes you loose focus on task on hand. I understand the fact they do not want to be liable for a fly away or crash but give us the option to cancel the warning after couple warnings.

Warnings? there are warnings? :) Just keep flying, and if it gets too windy, put it in sport mode and hope for the best. I have some video flying close to the vertical face of a mountain, it was unbelievable how fast the mavic can start going when you let go of the controls. I recovered it by sport mode and full stick to get a mere 2 Km/h, then I just flew perpendicular to the wind and got farther away from the mountain where there was less wind.

Maybe I should read those warning, Oh Wait, I would, but that gets triggered even in a slight breeze. :p That should be configurable as to when you want warnings, Ie 10 Km/h or OMG Its too late setting.

More speed in the GPS mode. I had a 5mph wind today and couldn't get over 14 mph heading into it.

Special note, if you had the switch in sport mode when you started the app and flying, it will fly in P mode, you have to cycle the switch once to get it into sport mode. I guess that is a safety thing, but it should give a reminder that it is still in sport mode when motor start up ( Audiable ) This was in the .500 formware, I have not tried in .550 yet.

Don't worry I had that issue too many times to count, until one day... OH Duh... now I know.

Also surface winds are generally a lot slower than higher up. Trees, etc break up the wind, cool air sits in valleys while upper air slides over the top. Cold air sinks in valleys if on a slope, like glacier cooling the air. Waterfalls pull air down with the falling water. Wind on the leeward side of mountain ( Hills) have a demarcation point, and its farther back the stronger the wind. There is a lot too it.

I would like an auto record feature like the litchi app. I hate when I have a great flight going and I notice I forgot to press record.

You didn't forget to press record. I have noticed this several times at least in the .500 firmware that Its recording, I take off, fly, and see, why not recording? I gave it the benefit of the doubt the first few times, then noticed that it was stopping recording after just a few seconds a bunch of times. I have those short clips to prove I pressed the button.

But yes, an option for a record remind, such as on take off, audible, or when doing slow cinematic shots or similar. " HEY DUMB A$$ you forgot to hit record "

I noticed that most remarks are software related and concern the GoApp. Not that that is a bad thing lol.

What I would see on amvic is the following.

Hardware wise:
-Lights on bottom and front (real lights like led so it can light where it is going)
-Mechanical apperture
-All around sensors
-Nightvision
-Being able to set and update it without turning it completely on at least not unclip the camera.

Software wise:
-All customisable buttons should be fully customisable. Meaning able to call any function.
-A real waypoint intelligent flight

Last edited:
You didn't forget to press record. I have noticed this several times at least in the .500 firmware that Its recording, I take off, fly, and see, why not recording? I gave it the benefit of the doubt the first few times, then noticed that it was stopping recording after just a few seconds a bunch of times. I have those short clips to prove I pressed the button.

But yes, an option for a record remind, such as on take off, audible, or when doing slow cinematic shots or similar. " HEY DUMB A$$ you forgot to hit record "

I know what you mean by it just stopping I had noticed that too recently, I have done a bunch of research looking for others that have had the same issue and I have not seen too many others complaining about it so I thought it was just my new Mavic so I returned it and got a new one.

But, I really did mean have an option to set Mavic to auto record, I find many times when I forget to press record I even go through setting up focus and light adjusting, very annoying when I realize, doh!

Please fix the wind sensors!!! warning box every 5 seconds comes back!! if I close it lets say 3 times, do not show me again!! there is no wind at all and warning going off every 5 seconds is very annoying and makes you loose focus on task on hand. I understand the fact they do not want to be liable for a fly away or crash but give us the option to cancel the warning after couple warnings.

I wonder if you just have a super sensitive Mavic? I don't find that error popping up unless its fairly windy out, but maybe its just what is windy to me is not to you. Either way, a way set your own limit would be nice.

I noticed that most remarks are software related and concern the GoApp. Not that that is a bad thing lol.

Yes, but the whole point of this thread and the OP is about firmware/software items. The reason is because those are things we can actually get with an update on our existing Mavics. Any hardware changes would mean buying a Mavic 2 essentially.

Maybe we need a separate thread just regarding what we'd like to see in a Mavic 2.

I think that it is fine like this. I don't mind . I just found it funny. :)

Last edited:
YES: reverse-able wheel direction for gimbal tilt

YES: increasing volume on low battery

YES: HDMI for FPV

YES: Optical zoom

YES: Beefier gimbal, or at least integral (structural) gimbal protection

YES: During RTH, red Cancel is on left, so Yes response should also be on left (currently No/Yes, should be Yes/No)

YES: Looking forward to higher capacity battery, and/or lighter battery.

I wonder if you just have a super sensitive Mavic? I don't find that error popping up unless its fairly windy out, but maybe its just what is windy to me is not to you. Either way, a way set your own limit would be nice.
I have the same issue as MacPap. When there is a strong breeze, nothing Mavic can't handle even in P mode, I get the "Too windy" popup on my screen. I have to take my fingers off of at least one joystick to clear it, then seconds later the message reappears. This cycle continues. MacPap is saying that clearing the message X times should mean "I get it. Don't tell me again."

I have the same issue as MacPap. When there is a strong breeze, nothing Mavic can't handle even in P mode, I get the "Too windy" popup on my screen. I have to take my fingers off of at least one joystick to clear it, then seconds later the message reappears. This cycle continues. MacPap is saying that clearing the message X times should mean "I get it. Don't tell me again."

Agreed. It is quite annoying to have that warning come up multiple times in a row.

I would like to see a switch where I can choose to disable the downwards sensors when within a 5-30m radius of the Home point, so I can easily catch it by hand!… not a lot of open landing spaces here in Hong Kong!

I want it to descend automatically in active track and terrain follow, like for skiing/snowboarding or MTB.

When Airdog can do it, why not DJI? I see no reason why this is limited. If for security reasons, there's a lot of other reasons you can crash a Mavic or even damage things or harm people, we're all adult and know that we have to fly the bird carefully.

We are talking here about ideas which could be realized just with firmware updates.

hardware/built-in gimbal lock mechanism, not this crappy solution we have now.

There should be something like a small lever that you actuate connect to a couple of prongs that descend from the body and "grab" the gimbal.

We are talking here about ideas which could be realized just with firmware updates.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oquima