DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What changes would you like to see on the Mavic

Love the third one OP mentions. Configure the elements on the hud. brilliant.

The biggest, and what I’d think would be easiest, is the super annoying unmanageable volume of the remote, especially in RTH. Its way too loud and draws the wrong kind of attention. Its stupid that I cant say “ok, yep, meant to do that, thanks”

Reactions: Aerial Gopher
A Diagnostic program for the computer that does a full system check of the mavic if there is a fault it makes it to send it back

More speed in the GPS mode. I had a 5mph wind today and couldn't get over 14 mph heading into it.

More speed in the GPS mode. I had a 5mph wind today and couldn't get over 14 mph heading into it.

Not trying to be a diq, but the math on your flight speed/wind works out for what I’ve read and experienced with the mavic. I wouldn’t really like that to be faster, personally. Thats what the sport mode button is for. Just my own humble opinion.

Reactions: CarlSQ5
I Know it works out to the specs, but I just wish it were a little bit faster. I know I can speed it up with the sport mode, but then you lose the obstacle avoidance too. I guess I can't have the best of both worlds.

Reactions: boone
BIG RECORDING TIMER ACROSS THE SCREEN for those who forget to press record.
Birdside - Top half white, lower half Black or just complete bright orange for better visibility in trees and up in the skies.
Bright COB LED belly lights for poor lit indoor places to assist with vision mode flying.

Reactions: Jaysjob and MrMavic
1. Additional timer function for selfie (gesture sometimes doesn't work)
2. Export-import waypoint from/to basecamp software.

Reactions: Jaysjob
Let's hear what changes you would like to see to the Mavic that could be fixed or changed with a firmware/software update. I'll begin with three things that i'd personally like to see.

First i'd like to see a user switchable ATTI mode. I understand that DJI needs to protect a lot of novice flyers from themselves but this is the "pro" designated version so give those who are comfortable with that mode the option to turn it on. This could easily be an "off" by default option, but with the option to enable it like they currently do with sports mode.

Second, reverse-able wheel directions for the gimbal wheel. To me the way they have it is unnatural for the way my brain interperets movement.

Third, I would like to see options to turn off/on individual OSD items. Alot of the flight info is redundant to have displayed on both the controller and on the screen with the Mavic, so give us the ability to just choose the ones I want displayed. There is so much displayed now that it's pretty cluttered, especially on a phone display. While you can just have a clean display which is nice, sometimes i'd like just minimal displays onscreen.

Use my MacBook Pro as a monitor.

I want it to tell me general info about the wind direction and if it is light/moderate/ heavy. I would think it could calculate based on its corrections?

Reactions: kymadmax
Could have night camera for flight or infrared. Would be exceptional

Illegal to fly at night without a specific permit in the US. Not saying I don't think it would be cool. Just probably not something they're going to add to a mass market product.

Reactions: eduardo elias
Illegal to fly at night without a specific permit in the US. Not saying I don't think it would be cool. Just probably not something they're going to add to a mass market product.

It's not illegal to fly in the US at night for hobby flights. Commercial flights need authorization per 14 CFR Part 107

Reference 14 CFR Part 101 Subpart E and 14 CFR Part 107.1 (b)(3)

I would like C1 & C2 to have more selection options. I personally would like the pause button to be one of those as it would be so quick and easy in the event of an emergency. I like using way point, though it drifts a lot and in tight flights I like using it, but always hover over that pause button if it does drift more than expected. Having more options for changing those buttons doesn't hinder anyone else either.
I would like terrain follow to descend as well as ascend. Not a big deal as you can manually lower, just a wish. I would like a lower altitude for active track, warnings are fine, though I would like to override. I realize the safety keeping it about a person.

hardware/built-in gimbal lock mechanism, not this crappy solution we have now.

There should be something like a small lever that you actuate connect to a couple of prongs that descend from the body and "grab" the gimbal.

Reactions: bravo kilo
Love the third one OP mentions. Configure the elements on the hud. brilliant.

The biggest, and what I’d think would be easiest, is the super annoying unmanageable volume of the remote, especially in RTH. Its way too loud and draws the wrong kind of attention. Its stupid that I cant say “ok, yep, meant to do that, thanks”
Ability to set parameters without having to have the mavic turned on to update the settings. Why can't we simply update them to a cash and then upload one Uconnect?

I would like to see the ability to have the navigation/radar screen come up as default as opposed to the map. I typically use the navigation screen more than the map but every time I restart the map comes up by default as opposed to the navigation screen. That should be an easy firmware fix. One thing that i'd like to see that would require a hardware change, would be to have a simple navigation display on the controllers LED display. That way if everything on the app failed you still had the ability to navigate in the correct direction of home by just distance and heading.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986