DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What class of fire extinguisher for M2P Lipos?

@offtheback a dry powder type suitable for electrical fires is the best type to use ,although the reaction when a lipo goes up is very sudden and volatile thats why you should never leave them unattended during charging ,and if you can, charge them away from easily flammable surfaces in a lipo safe container
i might add that in all my considerable years of lipo ownership with all the different types of batteries i have used with the various types of RC i have owned ,i have never had a lipo combust on me ,but have seen first hand the reaction that takes place ,when a drone that another person was flying not far from me hit the ground hard from several hundred feet up due to VRS which caused it to plummet straight down ,all he had to show for it was a pile of melted plastic ,after the smoke cleared

@offtheback a dry powder type suitable for electrical fires is the best type to use ,although the reaction when a lipo goes up is very sudden and volatile thats why you should never leave them unattended during charging ,and if you can, charge them away from easily flammable surfaces in a lipo safe container
i might add that in all my considerable years of lipo ownership with all the different types of batteries i have used with the various types of RC i have owned ,i have never had a lipo combust on me ,but have seen first hand the reaction that takes place ,when a drone that another person was flying not far from me hit the ground hard from several hundred feet up due to VRS which caused it to plummet straight down ,all he had to show for it was a pile of melted plastic ,after the smoke cleared
As always thanks for sharing some of your considerable insight.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki