DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Clothing While Flying?

CadrePilot

Premium Pilot
Reactions
What clothing do you wear when out on a paid shoot?
How about a 'commercial' shoot not paid but from which you intend to make money?

Sorry if my post was too vague...

Really asking about all of it. High viz? Long pants? Collared shirt? Hat? Hard hat?

Reactions: Torque
I suppose you are asking whether or not people wear hi-vis stuff, would that be correct ?
I go casual all of the time. I try to blend in, and fly from shadowy areas to avoid sunlight and visibility from Karens. My clothing is bland, and in South Florida, that usually consists of cargo shorts and a tee shirt with a ball cap. I avoid neon, or anything that draws attention.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: CadrePilot
How about a 'commercial' shoot not paid but from which you intend to make money?
Utility kit. Something with lots of pockets for instant access to all the spares and fiddly bits.

I interpret the question as being "how can I look like I should be taken to be a professional". Your 'product' will speak more loudly than looking like an office suit visiting a building site. Being comfortable in your own skin is the best way to present.

Recommend a few things to look the most professional,

1. Dont hand catch your drone in any way, consider getting a Phantomrain Landing Pad as you will look like a Pro.
2. Do a Pre Film Flight just to catch your Surroundings and maybe find a Remote Landing Spot if things go bad for an easy recovery without to much panic.
3. If you really want to set your company off a nice shirt with your logo is perfect as well as a Wet Suit for your drone if it rains as clients hate being cancelled on.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water and Look like a Pro

Reactions: Torque and MA2 317
Unless I'm flying out in the country with no one around, I wear an orange safety vest. If there is an issue, I want people to be able to find me. Rather than hiding in the shadows, I think high visibility also gives the impression that I'm doing something legitimate rather than devious, and therefore I am actually less likely to be questioned.

Lets hope HSE doesn't see this other wise we will be forced to wear tree surgeon gear, i.e. chain saw chaps, hard-hat and mesh visor lol

I go casual all of the time. I try to blend in, and fly from shadowy areas to avoid sunlight and visibility from Karens. My clothing is bland, and in South Florida, that usually consists of cargo shorts and a tee shirt with a ball cap. I avoid neon, or anything that draws attention.

Dale
Miami
I wonder what @akdrone wears ??????????????? 🤣

Reactions: MA2 317
I wonder what @akdrone wears ??????????????? 🤣
As opposed to many of our forum pilots, I fly STEALTH. The less I am seen or noticed, the better I like it. I am not interested in engaging passers by, Karens, police, or other defenders of society.

Last edited:
As opposed to many of our forum pilots, I fly STEALTH. The loss I am seen or noticed, the better I like it. I am not interested in engaging passers by, Karens, police, or other defenders of society.
Akdrone is from Alaska and has been out flying in sub zero C temperatures and possibly sub zero F temperatures.
The post was a 'pun' based on the different temperature you two experience.

Reactions: twickers14
Flying naked is quite awkward, just saying......

OK so what do we wear in the U.K.! Plenty of rain gear even though there’s not a cloud in the sky and deffo a landing pad as the grass or other ground is bound to be wet. In all seriousness I don’t advertise that it’s me flying and indeed I was my usual inconspicuous self the other day and a guy came over from at least 400ft away and said can you keep your drone away from my microphone! I’m making a film over there! So much for inconspicuous!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coddiewomple