DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you do when you lose line of sight?

Reactions
My fly buddy’s Mavic Pro has Homelock. Lost sight of your bird, engage Homelock, pull back on right stick and it flies toward you. Apparently, this will never be a feature on the MA. Crazy...even the cheapest little toy drones have this.
Anyway, like to know how everyone deals with losing sight of your MA.

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
Learn to use the radar display.
It will show you where the drone is and what direction it is facing.
You can turn the drone to face home and fly back easily and confidently.

I had forgotten about the radar. I think I could never figure it out and dismissed trying that feature. But I’ll make a greater effort to understand how it works now. Thanks

Novice question, is "radar" the same as the map view? I use a smart controller with M2Z
No, it's not the same.
It's an alternative to the map view, you get it by tapping on the map view.
Here's what it looks like (down in the lower left)
i-5cfZZ9H-L.png

Gee, they should have designed the SC with a big enough screen that both the radar and the map appear. Not sure what the size threshold is for the app to switch to tablet view.
Tablet view has radar on left, map on right.

Not sure what the size threshold is for the app to switch to tablet view.
Tablet view has radar on left, map on right.
I've used multiple different 8 inch tablets - that's one in post #10 above.
None have map + radar on the same screen.

My Tab A is 9.7" and I see both.
Threshold may be above 8". You'd think at 8" would suffice. What would really hurt is if internally it reported as 7.9" and 8" was the threshold.

i use litchi and fly from six to ten missions a day and line of sight and loss of signal happens on almost every flight but the drone finishes the job , the videos are good i have had three instances where i had to go find the drone and i,m actually looking for one now that was lost in april i had a bad knee and couldn,t make the climb , but to answer your question i go get a cup of coffee cause the spark and the mavic pro just love to come back home , they will end the mission if they think they won,t make it with what battery they have left. even with lost signal the amaze me !

Size of your iPad?
All iPads, whether Mini, 9.7” or larger, display both the radar and the Mini Map.
Below is my 7.9" Mini 5, but my Mini 4 looks the same.
However, on the iPhone 8 Plus and all iPhones, they are mutually exclusive, like on the 8” Android devices you have used.
601307E6-0F1F-4C6A-AED6-CB6BCE7CD0BA.png

Reactions: DeltaTango
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661