DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you guys use to show photos/videos on your TV?

bsimon

Reactions
I can chromemast the lower quality files that are cached on my phone, but what about the full resolution files? Do you just hook up an SD card reader to your TV?

Since Amazon prime has unlimited photo storage, I was hoping I could drop all my files in there and play them on my TV through Amazon, but apparently prime only gives you 10gb of video storage.

I can chromemast the lower quality files that are cached on my phone, but what about the full resolution files? Do you just hook up an SD card reader to your TV?

Since Amazon prime has unlimited photo storage, I was hoping I could drop all my files in there and play them on my TV through Amazon, but apparently prime only gives you 10gb of video storage.
Yes, I hook up a card reader, I have a 4K television so it pays to feed it right off the card.

Reactions: dewster and mph300
Yes, I hook up a card reader, I have a 4K television so it pays to feed it right off the card.

I just use my laptop and an HDMI cable to a 4k TV. Being able to easily navigate through files is a plus, and in a pinch I can also bring up Lightroom or Final Cut to test some corrections. Also, my laptop's SSD has a much faster read speed than going direct from a card.

I save them to iCloud. They’re then available to watch on Apple TV 4K. It’s just such an easy way to do it.
Same here ...

How much cloud storage space do you get with icloud?

I have 50gb. I suppose there might come a time when I need to either delete some or archive them onto a drive. But for day to day viewing, the current method seems fine. I could always upgrade my iCloud storage, which could be more cost effective than buying a drive.

I edit mine to a blu ray format and write to a re writable blu ray disc.
Then play them on a blu ray player. Nice quality ;-)

Way too complicated. They are mp4 files! I haveamacmini hooked to my large screen but on my other I put them on a flash drive that my DVD player reads. I download all kinds of stuff to flash. Finally for your iPhone they make a cable that has lightning on one end then it runs to this junction thing that has a hdmi and a usb. USB to power. HDMI to tv. I download all of my stuff to my computers. Otherwise it takes forever. Then clean off yer chip. There are 100s of ways. And I suppose you could use YouTube, but it might be garbage. Many of mine are. Learning to Fly like The man said.

Dedicated 4TB hard drive hooked to my Mac, then viewed via Plex app on AppleTV.

Sounds very good. I was a little floored by the YouTube idea. Seemed a little complicated to me, but what do I know. I just don’t think YouTube has such a great pic. But whatever works , is right.

Sounds very good. I was a little floored by the YouTube idea. Seemed a little complicated to me, but what do I know. I just don’t think YouTube has such a great pic. But whatever works , is right.

YouTube displays video in 4K as long as you are on a 4K compatible device. I like to share my videos with friends and family and occasionally on here too so YouTube works great for me.

If you want To view it in 4k, direct to tv is best imo. sd card to portable hard drive to tv. No monkey biz with compression ruining your stunning 4k shot or movie clip.

HDMI from laptop for me.
Can watch so much sooner than copying to cloud.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme