DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What does KP stand for ?

ggray1979

Reactions
Hi im still fairly new too flying the mavic pro. I wanted to go out today for an hour but the UAV weather app says i cant fly and its due to the kp being at 7. Can anyone explain this to me. Thanks in advance.

Hi im still fairly new too flying the mavic pro. I wanted to go out today for an hour but the UAV weather app says i cant fly and its due to the kp being at 7. Can anyone explain this to me. Thanks in advance.
The Kp-index | Help

Reactions: ggray1979
K-index Alerts are issued when the NOAA estimated Kp-indices reach 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9. The K-index quantifies disturbances in the horizontal component of earth's magnetic field with an integer in the range 0-9 with 1 being calm and 5 or more indicating a geomagnetic storm.

So im better not to fly if its 4 or higher then. Thats great thanks for your help everyone.

UAV does not say you ‘cannot fly’, it says not good to fly!
In UAV look under help, it explains all the criteria it lists in there, inc KP, and Some are adjustable eg wind levels.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111