DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What does the future hold for Mavic 2 Pro accessories and support?

NoVaMavicPilot

Reactions
Greetings,

So I purchased my Mavic 2 Pro in August 2021, and love it (except for the somewhat disappointing average flight times of about 19 minutes). I think I made a mistake by not waiting for the Mavic 3, which came out just a few months after I bought mine. After hearing the frantic screams of Air owners whose support was discontinued in favor of a newer model, and knowing what I now know about DJI's relatively poor customer service and support, should I worry that the support and batteries won't be there in, say, 2023? I just stocked up on two more batteries so that I can have five. What do you all say about the future of Mavic 2 Pro accessories and support? Should I upgrade sooner rather than later considering mine is over three years old now?

we live in a throwaway world ,and consumer electronics of any kind ,unfortunately have a relatively short lifespan
my MPP is over 3 years old now ,but it still performs as it did when i first purchased it ,i have 4 batteries that all have well over 100+ charges on them ,and they are still perfectly serviceable
i also have some spare props ,
if i ever wanted to replace any batteries now i would have to go with none OEM ones as they are extremely scarce and none of the DJI approved dealers have any in stock n the UK at least
i know your post is about the M2P ,and the supply of spare parts and batteries will go the same way as previous models in time

Most manufactures are using the term EOL (END OF Life) a lot lately. Don't expect things to last past the 2-3 year average.

Is the remote controller battery the same? I need a new battery for my M2Pro controller.
The M2EA uses the smart controller, but neither it nor the M2P controller have separate batteries. Are you looking to replace the internal battery?

Yes I want to replace the battery in the standard controller for the Mavic 2 pro. I've already taken it apart and diagnosed the battery and put the remote back together. It just needs a new battery.
I don't know anything about availability of internal components for any of the controllers. Is it a custom battery or just a regular LiPo or similar?

Yes I want to replace the battery in the standard controller for the Mavic 2 pro. I've already taken it apart and diagnosed the battery and put the remote back together. It just needs a new battery.

M2P/Z

Battery 623758-1S2P 3950mAh 15.129Wh 3.83V

The batteries are the same as the M2EA batteries, and that model isn't likely to be discontinued any time soon.
I am hoping that this is true. I am worried about a Mavic 3 Enterprise coming and the focus going away from the Mavic 2 EA. I am hoping for one more firmware update to add the thermal features that are now on the Matrice 300 RTK with its lockable span/range and sun protection strategy.

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3