DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What does this mean ?

The rectangle at the center of the symbol represents the phone. Red color with a stroke across it means the app cannot get GPS / compass data from the phone. Make sure that the app is allowed to get the location of the phone in the phone's settings. If the problem is due to the compass of the phone turned off, moving the phone a bit will wake up the compass.

You can leave it like that and fly though. There will be no problem except that you cannot tell the direction of the drone relative to your location without using the map.

Yes it works on the ground on the Mavic Air 2. It is the aircrafts orientation to the phone. I had to recalibrate the compass because is slightly off because I was not thinking and did a quick recalibration and used the car trunk as a flat surface. Keep metal and magnetic objects away from the aircraft when calibrating.

Thank you
The rectangle at the center of the symbol represents the phone. Red color with a stroke across it means the app cannot get GPS / compass data from the phone. Make sure that the app is allowed to get the location of the phone in the phone's settings. If the problem is due to the compass of the phone turned off, moving the phone a bit will wake up the compass.

You can leave it like that and fly though. There will be no problem except that you cannot tell the direction of the drone relative to your location without using the map.

Thank you !

I’ve never seen it with the M 2

It's a position indicator that shows your heading relative to the controller. If your device does not move for a while, it will sleep the compass. All that is required is to move it and it will reacquire. If your device doesn't have a built in compass, like some tablets, it usually never works (or so I've seen posted). I use my phone and as soon as I move it, the red indicator goes away. Not always the most accurate but it's no longer red. Doesn't affect the flight characteristics whatsoever. Like others have suggested, use the map to get your orientation status.

Reactions: new2mavic
I see it every now and then because every Monday afternoon, Verizon turns off the dangerous "Location Services" for me so the North Koreans don't target me with a nuke.

Reactions: Jet skier

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911