DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happened

Jim622

Reactions
I was out for a short picture-taking adventure this morning. The drone was working as expected. I was at 380 ft agl and about 4,000 ft away, and it was showing a full signal.
The controls suddenly wouldn't do anything. I tried to yaw left or right, and nothing happened. I tried to move forward very slowly, and it wouldn't move. It showed that it was moving 1 mph, but it didn't look like it was moving. I checked the signal strength again and confirmed that I had a full signal. I hit the RTH button, and it returned precisely as it should have. Do you have any ideas? Or am I just goofy?

Upload your TXT flight log here and post the link back here. Then, we can review and discuss.

What I see in the log is that the mode changed from P-GPS (bypass) to P-GPS. I don't know why or how that would affect it.

What I see in the log is that the mode changed from P-GPS (bypass) to P-GPS. I don't know why or how that would affect it.
That change wouldn't have caused any of the issues you mentioned above.

I was at 380 ft agl and about 4,000 ft away, and it was showing a full signal.
The controls suddenly wouldn't do anything.
Your flight log shows the max distance from the home point was 383 feet.

This Flight Reader chart shows the elevator (forward/backward) was responding as expected from the time the flight started up until you initiated RTH on the remote controller:

1728876209780.png

This chart shows the aircraft yawing each time you commanded it to do so:

1728876359784.png

What was the exact time in the flight log when you were attempting to move the sticks and nothing seemed to be happening?

Reactions: tstr14
Your flight log shows the max distance from the home point was 383 feet.

This Flight Reader chart shows the elevator (forward/backward) was responding as expected from the time the flight started up until you initiated RTH on the remote controller:

View attachment 178279

This chart shows the aircraft yawing each time you commanded it to do so:

View attachment 178280

What was the exact time in the flight log when you were attempting to move the sticks and nothing seemed to be happening?
It was shortly before I initialized the RTH. 5.55 until 6 00. It showed a command to go up, but I don't recall doing that. I was already at the max altitude for this flight.

It was shortly before I initialized the RTH. 5.55 until 6 00. It showed a command to go up, but I don't recall doing that. I was already at the max altitude for this flight.
Can you post the flight data?

It was shortly before I initialized the RTH. 5.55 until 6 00. It showed a command to go up, but I don't recall doing that.
At the beginning of this chart, it shows you moved the throttle stick up and the aircraft responded by increasing its altitude. And then shortly after, you initiated RTH. For reference, 360 below is the 6m 0.0s mark in your flight log.

1728908400207.png

At the beginning of this chart, it shows you moved the throttle stick up and the aircraft responded by increasing its altitude. And then shortly after, you initiated RTH. For reference, 360 below is the 6m 0.0s mark in your flight log.

View attachment 178286
I don't recall moving the stick up, but it is in the log. I do recall moving left then right for yaw, that is not in the log. is that possible or am I mistaken.?

I do recall moving left then right for yaw, that is not in the log. is that possible or am I mistaken.?
I've never seen a flight log with incorrect stick movements documented.

While I suppose nothing is impossible, data in DJI flight logs has historically proven to be highly reliable.

I've never seen a flight log with incorrect stick movements documented.

While I suppose nothing is impossible, data in DJI flight logs has historically proven to be highly reliable.
If so, I must be mistaken. I will monitor it closely for a while to confirm that there are no issues.
Thank you for the help. I appreciate learning about the logs and how to access them.

If so, I must be mistaken. I will monitor it closely for a while to confirm that there are no issues.
Thank you for the help. I appreciate learning about the logs and how to access them.
Are you going to past the URL of the phantom help page ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mertyaldiz