DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens if I don't update to latest firmware version?

4.2 miles with .200, I upgraded to fw.300 and on the exact same waypoint route could only make 2 miles. I downgraded firmware back to .200 and range returned immediately.
That was the moment I came to the realization that I was perfectly happy with what I've got and why would I ever risk that.
View attachment 14875 View attachment 14876 .

Something wrong here!! The date reads "12/03/2017" on your screen, plus the time is the same at RTH as it is Landing "13:44:41". Are you from the future? HaHa!

No, just to clarify here. If you update but then after the update decline to log in to your DJI account when prompted you will be limited.
But if you simply decline the update all together, nothing will happen. This video reiterates this, as he can probably do a better job of clarifying the facts.
I concur what Jamison74 said. I've been flying my MP for over 6 months now and been thru a few updates. The major diff between .700 and .800 is before I take-off, it will ask me to "Cancel" or "Confirm" NFZ (No Flight Zone). As a matter of fact, the warning will just go away without any action on my part !?!?
Anyways, no difference for me, other than that.

I get the nfz update prompt even when I am in airplane mode, forcing me to choose, ignore/accept

Fw800
DJI app at 4.1.0

Why don't you try to hook up with another MP pilot in your area or an area your are going to be flying in. Then both of you go through the same procedure to fly and compare results. See if the other pilot receives the same messages. If not and your standing in the same location, NFZ or Not, then contact DJI and see if they can check your flight data to see if there IS a problem with YOUR system. Would be easier and quicker than going round and round with everyone on this and every other group your complaining on.

Why don't you try to hook up with another MP pilot in your area or an area your are going to be flying in. Then both of you go through the same procedure to fly and compare results. See if the other pilot receives the same messages. If not and your standing in the same location, NFZ or Not, then contact DJI and see if they can check your flight data to see if there IS a problem with YOUR system. Would be easier and quicker than going round and round with everyone on this and every other group your complaining on.

I've done it with another buddy and his was the same.

However, now I'm at 700fw and app at 4.07 and I'm not having the nfz prompt anymore, so this is the app/FW versions I'll stay at for The life of this device.

DJI has garbage customer service, I've contacted them about this and they don't bother to read the email, they give you some *copy/paste* answer and blow you off.

If any other company made comparable products I would instantly switch. Dji customer service is trash

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky