DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens if I press the symbol down arrow with H sign

I take my hat off to the fellow who read the manual twice, we should read it once.
but most of us don't even do that. One of the reasons why so many crashes and flyaways.

Apologies, the symbol with the curved arrow and the H is indeed the RTH function. I confused the other arrow down to a circle which is indeed the auto land function.

Ruud

With hover you can least attempt to hand land it (may want to read up on that, the downward facing sensors when approached the wrong way will cause the drone to jump upward).

Is that what happened to shirtless guy here? (Skip to 2:15 or so)
Looks like it lost a rotor leg. Nice first flight. :/

Yes, that is the high risk en problem with hand catching the drone.
In the app its necessary to switch off the down ward looking sensors before you attempt to handcatch for the first time.
When you're experienced you can leave the sensors switched on.

Ruud

would also put your drone turning180 deg that way the controls are in the natural way. left=left and front=front ;)

Last edited:
Bear in mind I am deaf and there are no subtitles but it does not look to me like he is trying to hand catch. It looks more like he is either trying to prompt the automated rise or check what happens when he pushes it.
PLUS he is near a what looks like a concrete pillar that will have reinforcing in it and that might have caused the drift, then he paniced.
Hand catching is not a problem and if I am doing it I almost always have the drone facing away from me, the auto rise/ landing protection it not a probelm PROVIDING you know it will happen etc.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I think that "Read the manual" is not enough.
It should be "Read and understand the manual".
But this is coming from a 4+ decade ATP helicopter/instructor pilot, a little more at stake.

It's a RTH button, so it'll behave however you set the return to home function in the app setting (which can be changed from return-to-home, to hover, to descend).

If it's set for return to home, it'll ascend to your RTH height (whatever you set at the start of the flight), if it's higher than that, it will not descend, it'll just head straight towards home.

So for your indoor flying purposes I would recommend you set it to hover, especially since you're going to be right in that proximity. Because RTH has an obviously undesired behavior being indoor, and descend might land into something (or clip the edge of something).

With hover you can least attempt to hand land it (may want to read up on that, the downward facing sensors when approached the wrong way will cause the drone to jump upward).

Is that what happened to shirtless guy here? (Skip to 2:15 or so)
Looks like it lost a rotor leg. Nice first flight. :/
He should put a shirt on. LOL. I don't think he ever hand caught one before or he would know to keep the stick down or it would jump back up. LOL.

I don't think RTH will work in the house, at least not a small one. I don't believe it works within a certain distance of the homepoint. And given that you probably will not get a GPS lock you won't have a HP so....it won't know where to go anyway.

Hi
If I press the symbol on the controller down arrow with H sign will it automatically land or will it shoot 15m in the air and return to Rth
I’m flying indoors
I want no crashing in the ceiling

Many thanks

K
Set your rth to return home lower then that ceiling height and you will be fine, or press the button to land instead of rth

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada