DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens to someone.... REALLY... if they shoot your drone down?

Getcha one of these defensive drones, problem solved.

Just so so everyone knows, I'm just kidding here. But I would love to see an aggressor's face when the drone he is shooting at turns around and fires back.

Getcha one of these defensive drones, problem solved.

Just so so everyone knows, I'm just kidding here. But I would love to see an aggressor's face when the drone he is shooting at turns around and fires back.
As posted elsewhere, fun vid, but who cleaned up all this guy’s mess, including the car he burned up, in the beautiful area where he filmed?

The FAA doesnt have the man power or willingness to react to things like this. If you are in a city, discharging a firearm for any reason is probably a crime. If outside the city, Maybe he gets destruction of property, IF it doesnt crash an his land and he has possesion of the shot down drone.
The real question is, why keep pushing it? Unless you just really love the Drama of pissing off your neighbors just to prove your right (if you even are), why not pack it in a car and drive to where there are no people? You are not supposed to be flying near people anyway.

I would say 75% of us droners tuck our tails between our legs & run off & hide when confronted with anti-drone BS like WES93j. When are we going to stand up for our rights? 90% of droners are FAA registered & have an FAA number while many have taken the commercial test. All of those people have studied the rules & regs & try to comply with local laws on the subject (there are not many local laws) & try to not PO their neighbors. I had a run in with some of my neighbors too! I also had a sheriff's deputy knock on my door passing on a complaint from a neighbor. He heard somewhere that we have to fly at 81' above all houses but could not give me the reference - wow! that impressed me! Since then I have had a printout of FAA rules handy to give to anyone else who complains. Plus I live just within 5 miles of a Class D airport & always call to get "permission" to fly around my house. I think that "permission" out ranks whatever some silly neighbor believes who doesn't like drones. Now I tell anyone who complains to call the airport & ask if I have FAA permission to fly over their house or not - that pretty much cuts off their complaining. Besides, drone whiners, WELCOME TO THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY - get used to it!

This is how new laws and regulations get to come in place. I believe NOBODY has an inherent right to shoot anything out of the sky, bird OR drone. They should be charged if they do so. You need protection of that right to exercise your toys safely wherever, as long as you are not trespassing. Here in Canada, we have relatively free domain in flying drones, unlike your more populated USA. We don't even have to register them, just stay away from airports and private facilities. laws get made when stupid people overstep their parameters. My next-door neighbor loved it when i flew my drone over his house - but I asked him first. Then he wanted to see the neat video. He said that local hawks were a bigger problem...

Don't like guns, ehh!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00