DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 What I see : What my Drone Sees ?

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
We gathered the drones : Geared up with Wet Suits , potential to capture a nice pic high

First up the Mini 3 Pro , forgot to charge the light and after flying blind when recording landed quickly.

Took the Mavic 3 Classic up and found this in the sky, a little lightning would have been breath taking .

The Trip begins , heavy rain and thunder and were off.

2022-11-12_23h31_19.png

Start with the Mini 3 Pro and forgot it records with no lights on the drone so grounded as it was so late I just could not see it at all after just 30 ft in the sky.
So no go :

2022-11-13_00h38_17.png

Not having a high hopes as we arrived an hour to late for good lighting , but lets see what the Mavic 3 can do in this foul weather .

Rain coming down , im going up , nothing over the lake but as i make my return trip i see some turmoil , drop into the hover and wait for the lightning no dice.

Clouds start spinning on top of each other and the pictures line up . As always low battery , its always part of the adventure when your waiting to the last second hoping to capture the lightning. Lightning adds so much to the Prints and we have quite a collection now.

So swooping in like a top gun fighter, the Mavic 3 Classic slides in over the water to get the job done and find the award winning pic of the night leaving the3 Soaked Mini 3 on top of the hood.
2022-11-13_01h32_26.png

With low battery warning and rain coming down we take it up one more time as the Mini 3 Pro is just invisible when recording.

and here is the shot : If you look closely you can see my Santa Cruz almost in the water .

2022-11-13_01h03_11.png

When you get tired of Sunsets , the storms offer new adventures.
I will post the full video on our website >

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water

Interesting story and I will look forward to the video. I would have done a bit of post processing to open up the areas which appear black and given more texture to the image. Perhaps you were seeking a darker image and if so it's fine.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes i do agree opening the shadows can really awaken the picture . The Horse Clouds still take the Focus.

2022-11-13_17h19_04.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly with the Horse Clouds .

Keep in mind this was shot in the Dark, I will also post it in the video section.

Reactions: dozzn
We gathered the drones : Geared up with Wet Suits , potential to capture a nice pic high

First up the Mini 3 Pro , forgot to charge the light and after flying blind when recording landed quickly.

Took the Mavic 3 Classic up and found this in the sky, a little lightning would have been breath taking .

The Trip begins , heavy rain and thunder and were off.

View attachment 157037

Start with the Mini 3 Pro and forgot it records with no lights on the drone so grounded as it was so late I just could not see it at all after just 30 ft in the sky.
So no go :

View attachment 157038

Not having a high hopes as we arrived an hour to late for good lighting , but lets see what the Mavic 3 can do in this foul weather .

Rain coming down , im going up , nothing over the lake but as i make my return trip i see some turmoil , drop into the hover and wait for the lightning no dice.

Clouds start spinning on top of each other and the pictures line up . As always low battery , its always part of the adventure when your waiting to the last second hoping to capture the lightning. Lightning adds so much to the Prints and we have quite a collection now.

So swooping in like a top gun fighter, the Mavic 3 Classic slides in over the water to get the job done and find the award winning pic of the night leaving the3 Soaked Mini 3 on top of the hood.
View attachment 157039

With low battery warning and rain coming down we take it up one more time as the Mini 3 Pro is just invisible when recording.

and here is the shot : If you look closely you can see my Santa Cruz almost in the water .

View attachment 157040

When you get tired of Sunsets , the storms offer new adventures.
I will post the full video on our website >

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water
Gorgeous capture!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters