DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What iPad mini storage

JayTea26

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2 with my 256gb card. I'm going to purchase an iPad mini. Is there any real benefit from a 64Gb and 256gb - as it applies to data transfer - I do not own a computer but want to transfer and edit video.

I have a Mavic Air 2 with my 256gb card. I'm going to purchase an iPad mini. Is there any real benefit from a 64Gb and 256gb - as it applies to data transfer - I do not own a computer but want to transfer and edit video.
the larger the number,the more storage space you have on the card ,you would be better off with a few 64 gig cards as you can remove them ,more often and that way if something should happen during flight then you have not lost all your pics the data transfer is the same for each card

I'm not sure but I think the OP may be referring to the iPad Mini having either 64GB or 256GB...in any case if they are looking to download and edit video, especially in 4k, they will want a computer with some higher end specs to do so...especially a decent graphics card

I dont think the iPad mini will suffice for video editing, at least in any way that wont be painful!

Reactions: old man mavic
I'm not sure but I think the OP may be referring to the iPad Mini having either 64GB or 256GB...in any case if they are looking to download and edit video, especially in 4k, they will want a computer with some higher end specs to do so...especially a decent graphics card

I dont think the iPad mini will suffice for video editing, at least in any way that wont be painful!
i think you may be right but the post was a bit confusing so i thought i would answer as i did and see what response i got from him

Reactions: jlatas
Two thoughts:
Rumor has it that Apple will release a new iPad mini next year...
Secondly, the DJI GO 4 app will not download 4k video on iOS. I am not sure if the FLY App will do so. However I have created a few 1080 drone videos on my iPhone XS which has the same processor as the iPad mini 5 with no problems. I was using the built in iMovie for editing. I have created some 4k non-drone videos as well recorded with the phone and edited with iMovie with ease.
Generally though I still prefer to edit videos on my computer with a larger screen and more powerful programs and processing power.

Reactions: jlatas
Two thoughts:
Rumor has it that Apple will release a new iPad mini next year...
Secondly, the DJI GO 4 app will not download 4k video on iOS. I am not sure if the FLY App will do so.

DJI Fly will *not* download 4K video to an iPad mini 5. I tried it. No go.

Edited to add after experimenting:

That said, you can always use an SD-card-to-Lightning adapter to plug the card in directly and access the video that way. Just don't try opening it in the DJI Fly app, or it'll crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOLADG and JayTea26
Many years ago, my co-workers codified "John's Law of Storage: Data expands to occupy storage allotted to it."

Since the iPad's memory is not expandable, best to go with the biggest you can justify at the time of purchase. Otherwise, in a few months or so you'll be lamenting that you didn't get the bigger one.

(This does not apply to purpose-bought devices, like my daughter's augmented-communications iPad, which only needs enough storage for her icon-to-speech application - it is *not* used for any other purpose. She has another iPad in a completely different case for that.)

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman