DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is a good editing software for Windows?

What is a good editing software for Windows?
Assuming you have a powerful new computer, you can choose either of the two best software choices above.

For my older Windows 10 laptop, that crashes just loading media into Resolve, I did an Internet search for “editing software for old computers” and found this list.

I use DaVinci Resolve. Free version is great! If you like it you can upgrade to the Studio version for $ 300. That seems a more than fair price for such a nice program. A powerful computer is recommended.

Reactions: crosswired
Maybe someone already posted, but I'm attempting to edit my first h.265 video in resolve. two things:

1) If you get Media Disconnect error, see this:
2) interesting that my laptop with a crappy discreet graphics handles h.265 in resolve better that h.264. Used to always get GPU memory errors forcing me to disable the discreet graphics. with the MA2 H.265 video, no issues at all except issue #1 above.

Assuming you have a powerful new computer, you can choose either of the two best software choices above.

For my older Windows 10 laptop, that crashes just loading media into Resolve, I did an Internet search for “editing software for old computers” and found this list.
Peterson1navihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEXOOb49iAg&t=347s
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019pinnaclePinnacle
I use pinnacle studio 23, has all kinds of features, plus you get 10 days of backlot for free which gives instruction
I have used an much older version of Pinnacle Studio (15) I like all the features but 15 was a little buggy. My new desktop is capable of handling graphics much better as well. I will try the newest version. Adobe looks interesting to.

I Updated my Pinnacle 15 to the new 23 ultimate because I am most familiar with its format.
I love the format of Pinnacle and it has some continuous music files I like (no time limit).
I did download the free DaVinci Resolve and really like what I saw but I became impatient trying to figure out some basics (I intend on spending more time with it)
This is a small clip with Pinnacle at 720 setting and one of their background music files (my favorite).

There are a bunch of editors out there on various platforms (iOS, PC, tablet). So first thing is decide the platform you'll be running on. Next do you want a lot of bells and whistles and spend a lot of time editing or do you want something simple to quickly produce a finished product to share with family and friends. And finally, the best editor is the one that is most intuitive to YOU. There's nothing more frustrating than having to fight a video editor because you are constantly asking why is that feature over there when it should be here or "that's a bombastic way of doing it"..

A good place to get a feel for the candidate editors is Youtube. There are a lot of reviews and tutorials for pretty much every editor out there. Once you have narrowed it down to 2-3, try them out. Paid versions usually have a scaled down version you try for a set period of time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird