DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what is Neo?

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi to all fellow flyers on the forum
i have joined the new Neo forum ,and have been sharing my findings as i fly the Neo
i decided to post this thread on this forum ,because i expect there will be many mavic owners contemplating whether or not to purchase the Neo now or in the future ,the following are my thoughts on the Neo after trying out the different features ,apart from flying it as a FPV style drone ,something i have no experience of as i am unable to fly with goggles
for me Neo, is what i would call a taster drone,both in its functions, and the use of various types of control methods
first way to fly it is just the drone with no connected device using the buttons on the drone to select a mode ,such as dronie ,rocket, circle ,and follow, and others .
these come with preset parameters for height and distance during the chosen mode
the follow mode is very good, as it sticks to you like glue as you move around
then comes the next step, and that is connecting the drone itself to the phone this allows it to be flown with virtual joystcks and the ability to change how the drones height and distance from the take off point is set at ,and some other basic adjustments for the camera,
it also has a voice control mode ,be aware that using just the phone only, gives limited height and distances, that can be flown with the virtual joysticks, and they are not the smoothest way of controlling the drone
for those who opted for the flymore combo with the N3 RC or if you already have the RCN 2 or RC2 controller that comes with the Air3 and Mini 4 pro ,then you can fly the Neo using the fly app
this gives the Neo almost all of the the larger drones abilities,during flight ,but what it doesn't do, is enable it to fly with the same abilities as larger drones, with regards to wind and being able to see it at distance ,but keeping it fairly close to home,and not to high, then as a first drone, it would be a good way to get the hang of flying with joysticks and a controller
finally for those who already fly FPV and have the goggles 3 and associated equipment ,then Neo can be flown with them, but for someone wishing to try it out, the Neo could be way of starting off ,but it will require purchasing extra equipment at a considerable cost ,just to find out if its really for you
sorry if this post has turned into hard read,and i also know that there will be many on the forum, who will think i am stating the obvious,but i did ask if i could post this thread on this forum ,simply to inform others

Take care OMM

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OutdoorNewfoundland