DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is Smart Controller's Bluetooth For?

Superdaddy

Reactions
Anyone have an idea how the bluetooth connection the SC can be used? I tried, albeit quickly, to see if I could pair it with my phone (iPhone X) but it did not show up on the phone as capable of being paired.

Possibilities:

Pairing with phone for hotspot?

Pairing with phone for Go Share?

Audio device in or out?

Anyone have an idea how the bluetooth connection the SC can be used? I tried, albeit quickly, to see if I could pair it with my phone (iPhone X) but it did not show up on the phone as capable of being paired.

Possibilities:

Audio device in or out?
Not sure it's still true but apple products will not pair with android via Bluetooth.
Cheers

Sometimes it's in the required hardware specifications of the OS that is being installed, i.e you don't get a license if it's not provided for.

In the UK Sky provide set top boxes that include USB interfaces on the set top box as its a requirement for the licensing of the Java OS, the box was phased out and the USB was never implemented.

It also means that the hardware is there if DJI aver want to use it for future functionality. Hotspotting to iOS devices uses WiFi.

I use its bluetooth to transfer files from the SD card to my phone or PC. For some reason my PC doesn't see the SD card storage (only the internal) when connected by USB

I use its bluetooth to transfer files from the SD card to my phone or PC. For some reason my PC doesn't see the SD card storage (only the internal) when connected by USB

Wait, you can see the INTERNAL "drive" using USB? Win7 here and if I choose "file transfer" I don't see any evidence of the Smart Controller (so far I have not put my sd-card into it). If I choose "photo transfer" I see two folders and I can copy/move between them. But, again, no generic files if I select "transfer files" show up. I'm using the official usb cable that shipped with the controller.

Possibilities:

Audio device in or out?

My S9+ paired right up. It looks like data transfer is the primary use.

Wait, you can see the INTERNAL "drive" using USB? Win7 here and if I choose "file transfer" I don't see any evidence of the Smart Controller (so far I have not put my sd-card into it). If I choose "photo transfer" I see two folders and I can copy/move between them. But, again, no generic files if I select "transfer files" show up. I'm using the official usb cable that shipped with the controller.
No, only the photo folders like you. For the SD card, nothing with all USB transfer options. As I don’t have a card reader, bluetooth is the only way I can transfer the files. I suppose I could copy files from the SD card to the internal storage folders but that would be pain.

No, only the photo folders like you. For the SD card, nothing with all USB transfer options. As I don’t have a card reader, bluetooth is the only way I can transfer the files. I suppose I could copy files from the SD card to the internal storage folders but that would be pain.

I did plug a thumbdrive into the top usb port and it shows up and you can use the File Manager app to copy/move files back/forth. But I really would like the usb to work as it does on another other Android device.

Reactions: MadScientist

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee