DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the BEST

there are pros and cons for all of them,such as price ,screen size, and ease of use, it is really down to you which one you choose ,what suits one person ,might not suit another go for what you feel happiest with after looking at all the specs

Reactions: Thomas B
Specify ya needs and maybe you will get the response that suits.

I suggest the crystal sky larger size but if you can afford it have redundancy, two displays crystal sky can freeze and then you have a back up if you are in a warm climate iPads iPhones or crystal sky can overheat then you can switch to the other

Sometimes it may depend on the condition of your eyes. I cannot see anything on my iPhone X outside on a bright sunny day. So I bought an Ipad and a Hoodman hood. Works absolutely great even on the brightest days. Don't need the hood when I'm in shade or for sunsets, and the size of the iPad makes it easier to read all the details on the display

I have access to all 3 but I think I would personally go for the smart controller if allowed just one.

I have a hard plastic cover for the screen, joysticks and edges. Simply remove in a couple of seconds press the on button and you are up and running. With the other 2 you have to arrange the mounting which is extra expense and fiddly to setup. I have a Polar Pro mount which is pricey and will take a CS or tablet with the provided extension but takes a few minutes for a numpty wrinkly like me to fit turning knobs and inserting into the DJI controller. Then it is a matter of opinion how unwieldy it is or not. I would say reasonable with a CS. The other consideration is a sun hood which bright though the CS screen is for some eyes and very bright sunlight may be problematic All are essentially dear options and all except the CS will as pointed out need a mount, The plastic ones are usually not too good and very wobbly so I am advised. Others may have better experiences. If you are spending big bucks on a drone it is not advisable to cut corners on essential extras.

As already advised by previous posts just think carefully about your requirements and available budget.

Thanks for all the replies....as for my use.....it's a hobby....use for photography / video.....I did do a video of the golf course that I live on and all my golfing buddies really liked it and suggested that I sell a copy to the new home sales office for them to use as a selling tool.

Thanks for all the replies....as for my use.....it's a hobby....use for photography / video.....I did do a video of the golf course that I live on and all my golfing buddies really liked it and suggested that I sell a copy to the new home sales office for them to use as a selling tool.
I assume you have FAA 107 then??? If not you are not allowed to sell anything.

I am undecided as to which to buy for my Mavic Pro 2........any suggestions
Crystal Sky
Smart controller
Apple I Pad Mini 4
If brightness and size are the priorities and expense no limiting factor then get the larger super bright Crustal sky. If price is a concern then get the smaller less bright, smart controller. This will be brighter than the iPad but not as large, but is superb compact and convenient. I would go with the Crystal sky over a mini iPad any day, unless you were concerned with expense, since both need to be set up and plugged in but the CS is brighter than the Mini iPad and I don't believe has as much an issue with over heating, note I did not say it does not have any issues.

The controller in my opinion. I had the iPad but the controller screen is much easier to see in bright daylight and it charges and fires up quickly. I have been very happy with it. I just wish it was a bit more ergonomic and your thumbs and fingers tend to hit the screen and it is a touch screen so then something pops up you have to turn off again. Not a big deal but a redesign would fix that.

I have the SC and I have the iPad mini with sun shade. The SC also has a rubber cover w/sun shade built in. The SC if by far the quickest setup and no muss and fuss. The battery in the smart controller will last me 4 to 5 full Mavic 2 pro batteries worth of flights. I may get 4 using the standard controller and iPad mini. the SC is much brighter than the iPad mini, but I have to admit, I love the screen realestate the mini provides, so I’ve dedicated it to my anafi and Fimi X8 SE.
If you already have a mini, get a sun shade but if you’re going to spend $300 on a mini, I recommend spending the extra to get the SC, its convenience and brightness are worth it to me.

Reactions: TheRock

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tansh