DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the file dji.gis for?

WoomWoomWoom

Reactions
On the SD card of my Mavic Air there is a file called dji.gis. What is it for? And can I use it for anything usefull?

I too am curious. I'm surprised at how little information there is on the rather large DJI.GIS file that the Mavic Air has deposited on my SD card after recording video for several flights. GIS is the acronym for Geographical Information Systems and seems to be a reference to software/format that maps or encodes video imagery for use in such a system. However google has almost no information on the specifics of DJI.GIS or what application uses it. The size of the file suggests that it combines GPS geographical information with recorded video, but that just an educated guess.

Maybe the non-flight zones are stored in this file?

GIS is generally a geographic positioning format. I haven’t opened the file with a text editor but I’ve heard that it contains gps info as well as metadata for the photo.

I did open the file and it is a binary format, not text. A hex dump reveals that the header is "GIS". If I had to guess, it would be that it is a GIS file, but using some proprietary DJI format.I would surmise that it is storing flight tracks or some other form of location data; but I was hoping someone would know.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada