DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the Max Total Distance You Have Travelled on a Single Pack?

spudster

Reactions
Site
kuula.co
Just wandering what is the furthest total distance you have flown on a single battery pack? Not how far away but total distance travelled. What speed did you average? I know, there are many variables but seeing actual data should be interesting.

The most I have done is ~5 miles in 19.37 min. averaging 23mph with battery 100%-15%

Just wandering what is the furthest total distance you have flown on a single battery pack? Not how far away but total distance travelled. What speed did you average? I know, there are many variables but seeing actual data should be interesting.

The most I have done is ~5 miles in 19.37 min. averaging 23mph with battery 100%-15%
Which drone(s)?

6 miles with the Mavic two pro

I don't fly super long distances with either my Air2 or Mini. Guess maybe 1 - 1.5 miles max flying all around in the 20-25 minute battery life range I experience. My time is spent shooting pics and videos.

19,000 feet and still had good reception, but had to come back because of battery.
Mavic pro

My longest flight was a total of 10.7 km in 22 minutes (average speed = 29.2 kph) with 7% battery left.

My second best was 10.4 km in 21 minutes (average speed = 29.7 kph) with 13% battery left.

That's with a Mini 2 and both flights were in Normal mode.

Reactions: EtheB
Just a question, does DJI fly away cover going out to extreme distances and your drone flys out of its area and runs the battery too low to return home? I am a part 107 and as a general rule I try to stay VLOS but as all of us I do put some distance between me and my drone. I also try to never fly out of VLOS on paid jobs for my own protection. Just wondering, When I first got my Mini2 I really pushed it and went down to 20% about 2 miles out and it went down in the middle of nowhere and in the midst of killer trees with horrible thorns to blackberry bushes and ticks the size of lady bugs. Two hours of looking and using find my drone and video of where it went down and I found it sitting on a blackberry bush around shoulder high and two feet out of reach. Good thing I had a emergancy kit in my car to patch up the punctures and scrapes and after 5 ticks found I almost think it would have been worth using flyaway. Totally my fault but just wondering. Leave it to say I learned my lesson but…………..

• Wow

I have a little less - 15,413ft according to the flight controller. Speed varied, but the controller reported a maximum of 40mph in sport mode. Battery was less than 10% upon landing. I got a notice to return home NOW notice and was literally 3 feet above the launch pad.

Just a question, does DJI fly away cover going out to extreme distances and your drone flys out of its area and runs the battery too low to return home? I am a part 107 and as a general rule I try to stay VLOS but as all of us I do put some distance between me and my drone. I also try to never fly out of VLOS on paid jobs for my own protection. Just wondering, When I first got my Mini2 I really pushed it and went down to 20% about 2 miles out and it went down in the middle of nowhere and in the midst of killer trees with horrible thorns to blackberry bushes and ticks the size of lady bugs. Two hours of looking and using find my drone and video of where it went down and I found it sitting on a blackberry bush around shoulder high and two feet out of reach. Good thing I had a emergancy kit in my car to patch up the punctures and scrapes and after 5 ticks found I almost think it would have been worth using flyaway. Totally my fault but just wondering. Leave it to say I learned my lesson but…………..
I don't believe DJI will look at your flight data or logs. You paid the money so they will probably just replace the drone. If I recall correctly you only get one, for a flyaway. Is my assumption correct?

DJI Mini 2 Drone.
- Total mileage 3,226 mt. (NO range Test)
- Battery 100% 8.7V at take off
- Landing battery 35% 7.5v
- Flight time 17m 10s
- Maximum speed of the drone 38.23 km / h
- Calm wind

Is that 5 miles round trip or 10 miles outbound? I was not aware that the controller would communicate at that distance. Do you have any Hacks on board to do that? Phenominal distance for an M2P.
10 miles round trip. Just standard M2P. Calm day, flown a few hundred meters offshore along the beach, away from houses. Signal still good around 5 miles out, turned back so I don’t run out of battery.

• Wow

17km on stock battery, flying with the wind average speed 55kmh

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter