DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the Mini 1's top speed?

scro

Reactions
Officially the Mini 1 has a top (ground) speed of 13m/s. It seems the aircraft firmware limits the drone to 13m/s, so even if you are flying downwind it will still top out at this limit.

However, if RTH is activated and some forward stick is applied you can exceed this limit. I've managed a top speed of 15.1m/s by flying upwind, initiating RTH and applying fwd stick as the aircraft does its RTH routine. Winds at the time were estimated to be around 5-6m/s.

What peak speeds have others seen with their Mini 1, and what were the conditions?

Did you check that top speed on airdata or was it observed. I'm surprised that you could exceed the drone limit. I've been amazed at how my drone holds it's top speed even in the strong wind conditions that are shown in Airdata. I assume the wind data is measured by forces on the drone. It's all PFM to me..
PFM= pure F magic

I noted the top speed from the live readout in the app, and then cross referenced the replay in the app too, after the flight. Below is a screen grab from the replay, with the ground speed highlighted. Note, the drone is in RTH mode and I'm flying with the wind. Airspeed would have been a bit less than groundspeed as a result. Wind speed can be calculated by using the GPS speed (ie ground speed) and deriving approximate air speed from the drone tilt data. The difference between the 2 vector values is a close approximation of the wind speed and direction.
Screenshot_20210707-175238.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: raulmavic
ive got my mini maxed at 45mph, but thats not stock parameters setup though
That's pretty good goingThumbswayup. What were the specific conditions when you hit that speed? eg flying downwind, on RTH with fwd stick applied, S-mode etc? Definitely a mini1 you have?

Am also interested in what parameters you changed. I had a good play about with quite a few of them too but never coaxed much more than about 14-15m/s (31-33mph) out of it.

The speed noted in post #3 is with completely stock everything.

That's pretty good goingThumbswayup. What were the specific conditions when you hit that speed? eg flying downwind, on RTH with fwd stick applied, S-mode etc? Definitely a mini1 you have?

Am also interested in what parameters you changed. I had a good play about with quite a few of them too but never coaxed much more than about 14-15m/s (31-33mph) out of it.

The speed noted in post #3 is with completely stock everything.
actually 0mph wind with 5-6mph gusts. modified the S parameters only, and what mainly gave that boost was the tilt parameters. mini 1 is on v01.00.04. I had used DH to achieve them speeds, been trying to play with the brake settings a bit too.

That's interesting! Your experience seems to differ a little from mine... I tried tilt limits of up to 45deg and found that acceleration from a hover was a lot quicker, but top speed didn't seem to change much. From analysing flight logs it was clear that max tilt was only achieved during the first few seconds of acceleration out of a hover, with tilt dropping to around 20-25deg at higher speeds.

Last edited:
I noted the top speed from the live readout in the app, and then cross referenced the replay in the app too, after the flight. Below is a screen grab from the replay, with the ground speed highlighted. Note, the drone is in RTH mode and I'm flying with the wind. Airspeed would have been a bit less than groundspeed as a result. Wind speed can be calculated by using the GPS speed (ie ground speed) and deriving approximate air speed from the drone tilt data. The difference between the 2 vector values is a close approximation of the wind speed and direction.
View attachment 131643
How did u acces that kind of flight data?

How did u acces that kind of flight data?
When you open the Fly app there is "Profile" link in the lower middle of the screen. Tap on that and then you'll have some flight history on the left. Tap on "more" to get all the info of every flight you've done. Mine takes a while to load. When I Tap on more it appears empty, but after a bit it loads up all my flight history.

Reactions: jacob mini
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair