DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is up with the MP2 and writing corrupt files?

noobonthe^

Reactions
I found a few threads regarding the issues of the MP2 writing files that a Mac cannot read but on PC, all is well. Has this issue been resolved or is a update coming?

I have tried three cards, various reformats on the Mac and dji go app.

Thank you,
N00b

I found a few threads regarding the issues of the MP2 writing files that a Mac cannot read but on PC, all is well. Has this issue been resolved or is a update coming?

Thank you,
N00b
What format are you using? MOV or MP4?

If the files are ok on a PC, they are OK.
Perhaps you are recording as mp4 and don't have software to read that format?
Try recording as .mov and see if that makes a difference.

.mp4, I have tried formatting on both Mac and app.
Does your Mac have any issues with playing other MP4 files that are not from the aircraft? Have you thought about trying to record in the MOV format to eliminate a possible missing MP4 codec in your MAC?
Sorry about asking these things, Just trying to eliminate any other issues that you may have before you feel it is a Mavic issue. You did say that the files will play on your PC, But not on the MAC.
Edit:Meta4 beat me to the reply,,but we mean the same thing. ;)

Is your MAC able to see the files but just can't play them, or it can't read the card at all?
There was one report where the MAC or the M2 had issues with the card, depending what formatted it. It seemed bizarre since FAT/ExFAT is a standard file system. Then there is data in the file system header that could be set in a way that confuses either/both.

Assuming your issue is the file and not the SD card format:
.MOV is more suited for MACs, MP4 more suited for PCs. The actual video data is the same, just the MOV adds a wrapper. It might work just to rename the MP4 to MOV.

Also be sure you stop recording before turning off the AC. If you forget this and find some weird files in addition to your last recording, simply put the card back in the AC and turn it back on for a minute. It will complete closing the last recording and those extra strange files will disappear.

You're probably recording 10bit H265 and just need appropriate software on your mac to read that. Believe macOS will handle 8bit h265 natively but not 10bit. Latest might so be sure to be up to date.

If the files are ok on a PC, they are OK.
Perhaps you are recording as mp4 and don't have software to read that format?
Try recording as .mov and see if that makes a difference.

for some reason, my last video clip will not play on PC. I get error code: 0xc00d36c4

Does your Mac have any issues with playing other MP4 files that are not from the aircraft? Have you thought about trying to record in the MOV format to eliminate a possible missing MP4 codec in your MAC?
Sorry about asking these things, Just trying to eliminate any other issues that you may have before you feel it is a Mavic issue. You did say that the files will play on your PC, But not on the MAC.
Edit:Meta4 beat me to the reply,,but we mean the same thing. ;)

The card will not even open on MAC, PC opens and all is fine except my last video file which is a .mp4

You're probably recording 10bit H265 and just need appropriate software on your mac to read that. Believe macOS will handle 8bit h265 natively but not 10bit. Latest might so be sure to be up to date.

I don't believe this is the problem, MAC will not open the card.

I am contemplating taking the MP2 back. As of now, three of my micro sds are ruined and I'm forced to use internal memory until this gets worked out. Someone in my local flying club is also having the same issue as are others on this forum. It has the be the mavic.

I don't believe this is the problem, MAC will not open the card.
It's very, very unlikely to be a problem with the camera.
I don't think I've ever heard of one that wouldn't create good video files.
The solution to complaints such as yours is always in the settings or the software or hardware for playback.
Are you shooting in H264 or H265?
Everything will play H264, but bot everything will play H265.

Reactions: Prado man
Ah, can't even see the files, other issue then.
Can you format the card on the mac? If you can then all will be well after that.

Ah, can't even see the files, other issue then.
Can you format the card on the mac? If you can then all will be well after that.

So, if I format the card in the mac and then put it in the MP2 go app will say format recommended. Should I just disregard that, I guess?

So, if I format the card in the mac and then put it in the MP2 go app will say format recommended. Should I just disregard that, I guess?
Try formatting in the aircraft when it prompts and see if it works (it should). If it doesn't then format in the mac again and ignore the aircraft message onwards.

This has been happening since the mavic air.

Remember if you format the card ALL data on it will be lost! I would open the files on the PC (as the PC can read them) and then save them (with a MOV extension) to another card and see if that works.

Or, you can use the M2 as your card reader, at least for now. It has a USB-C interface.
I'd love to see and analyze the beginning sectors for a card formatted by an M2, MAC, and PC and compare them. I bet there's a partition type code or filesystem type code that's a bit off.

UPDATE!

I renamed the files .mov and then put the card back in the MP2. I recorded a few videos and there we go, the video files fixed itself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonyack