DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro What kind of bird was trying to attack my Mavic Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it to be a Turkey Vulture, we have a lot of these in our area. I believe the red to be its head. I have checked the drone thoroughly and haven't found anything that it could be.
I finally inspected my drone again, lo and behold this 74 yr old brain forgot he had velcroed two strobes to the front and back. Thank you to BigAl for mentioning the strobe. It had me stumped and since these turkey buzzards are everywhere so I just assumed and you know what that means. Not to worry Meta I will not post anymore, you embarrassed me enough!

Not to worry Meta I will not post anymore, you embarrassed me enough!
Hey .. don't let me put you off.
Please keep posting and if you do find any birds of a feather, I'd be pleased to try to id them.

I finally inspected my drone again, lo and behold this 74 yr old brain forgot he had velcroed two strobes to the front and back. Thank you to BigAl for mentioning the strobe. It had me stumped and since these turkey buzzards are everywhere so I just assumed and you know what that means. Not to worry Meta I will not post anymore, you embarrassed me enough!

I've never videoed this "event" but I've seen it many MANY times because I run a pair of strobes on my aircraft all the time. I've seen the forward strobe come into frame several times on just about every flight. It's even more visible when you're flying in SPORT mode and making aggressive moves which I do between shots.

Reactions: bassnbeau
Whew, mystery resolved.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avster