DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What phone is the best in 2019

I have an S10+. It is nice. It is according to what program you want to use (IOS or Android). If you want a big screen then you want a Note series or tablet.

Reactions: DJIMavicPro2
Hi so i just got my DJI Mavic 2 Pro and i was wondering which is the best phone to use with it? anyone want to help me.

I would suggest using a recent model DJI supported phone with the largest screen possible. See below for the current list of supported phones and tablets:-

iOS V 4.3.24
Requires iOS 10.0.0 or later (Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom requires iOS 10.0.2 or later).
Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.
Optimized for iPhone X.

Android V4.3.25
Requires Android 5.0 or later.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

I would suggest using a recent model DJI supported phone with the largest screen possible. See below for the current list of supported phones and tablets:-

iOS V 4.3.24
Requires iOS 10.0.0 or later (Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom requires iOS 10.0.2 or later).
Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.
Optimized for iPhone X.

Android V4.3.25
Requires Android 5.0 or later.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.
Thank you so much man really helps.Think ill choose the Huawei p20

Reactions: deleted member 877
If you can afford it you might consider the crystal sky larger model they are way brighter than phones, Much better in sunlight

Have a new iPhone 11 Pro Max. The screen brightness is far better than my former 8 Plus. Specs show 1200 nits but reality is in the 900 range.

Can see the screen in SoCal sunshine now. One of the issues for getting it. Have a iPad mini 4 but the screen disappears in bright light so I have used a full hood to actually see the screen. Big, bulky, and time to set up.

Have a new iPhone 11 Pro Max. The screen brightness is far better than my former 8 Plus. Specs show 1200 nits but reality is in the 900 range.

Can see the screen in SoCal sunshine now. One of the issues for getting it. Have a iPad mini 4 but the screen disappears in bright light so I have used a full hood to actually see the screen. Big, bulky, and time to set up.

Same phone here. Bought it for the screen in all respects. Only one flight with 11 pro max but so far its been great-- definite upgrade from the iPhone 7!! One other thing that I've noted that I will pass along here, is where the phone is located. Putting the phone into the fold-out arms of the controller (at least for me) tends to put it nearly horizontal when flying, putting viewing at a strange angle that picks up glare and sunlight. I have a controller mount that came with the PolarPro Katana that clamps the phone above the controller and at a more comfortable angle. Here is a link to just the mount itself: Phone Mount | Mavic 2 & Mavic Air
One word of caution: it was an absolute beast trying to get the controller into the bottom portion. Probably because I was being uber-careful, but I felt like it could have been machined 1mm larger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121