DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What program will play the 2.7k videos?

cweam

Reactions
I am a new user and still in the learning phase. I made a lovely 9 minute 2.7k video which I can play back from the mini on my phone when hooked up to the controller. I removed the sd card and tried to play it on my Samsung smart TV but it doesn't recognize the file type. Neither does my desktop computer. The 1080 files are playable. The file is too large to download to my phone. I want to edit it and play it on my 65" Samsung QLED tv set so I may need a conversion program. Any advice would be appreciated.

I am a new user and still in the learning phase. I made a lovely 9 minute 2.7k video which I can play back from the mini on my phone when hooked up to the controller. I removed the sd card and tried to play it on my Samsung smart TV but it doesn't recognize the file type. Neither does my desktop computer. The 1080 files are playable. The file is too large to download to my phone. I want to edit it and play it on my 65" Samsung QLED tv set so I may need a conversion program. Any advice would be appreciated.
You can try imovie if you are using iphone. Hope this will work. Thanks and enjoy flying

I want to edit it and play it on my 65" Samsung QLED tv set so I may need a conversion program. Any advice would be appreciated.
hi Cweam,
there is a editing software called DaVinci Resolve, it´s for free and can manage all known video codecs!
here:

scroll down and there you will find the download link!

cheers Paul

Reactions: Ridgeback
Dunno if this is relevant. All my TVs are 1080. So can't play 2.7k quality footage. My pc monitor is 4k so plays them fine . The easy fix for me is to record in 1080 that or purchase a better TV.

Use the VLC to view it this program runs on all OS is there’s even a mobile version.
Use handbrake to transcode it to a format for your phone.
Da Vinci will be way over your head.

Reactions: CareyL
Native Win 10 apps will play that with zero problems. I use DaVinci Resolve as well. Their online tutorial had me up and running in a few hours. And yes, it is a complex post production software bundle, but manageable. I have 3 different apps for post production. DaVinci Resolve, Premier Pro and Power Director. It certainly comes down to personal choice, but I tend to use Resolve more than the others. And one other note: DaVinci Resolve is free.

Reactions: ff22
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I actually solved the problem shortly after posting the request for help. I found that the Windows 10 Video editor worked just fine.

Dunno if this is relevant. All my TVs are 1080. So can't play 2.7k quality footage. My pc monitor is 4k so plays them fine . The easy fix for me is to record in 1080 that or purchase a better TV.
There's always something to upgrade after buying some other new toys. (g)

Reactions: Arnu69
What exactly are you seeing when you try to play them on your desktop? Windows 10 shouldn't be having any problem.

Use the VLC to view it this program runs on all OS is there’s even a mobile version.
Use handbrake to transcode it to a format for your phone.
Da Vinci will be way over your head.

I would have thought so too about DaVinci. While not related to drone footage, a week ago I knew virtually nothing about video editing, but needed to do a couple audio/video production vids, with high quality audio. Until then I'd tried Microsoft Movie Maker and a few others and always felt overwhelmed and confused and consquently didn't do much until now. Someone recommended DaVinci Resolve and, to me, it was far easier to learn than the simpler programs. There as SO MANY short tutorials out there that when I needed to learn something I'd just Google it and it would find what I needed. While I'm light years away from being Cecil B. DeDrone, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought- certainly not harder than the basic free editors. It does take some orientation, but once you get the main controls down general video editing isn't that hard. Perhaps some video programs have more automated pizzazz (iMovie, if you have a Mac?). I don't know. But DaVinci is free and is as close to getting to professional video editing at a cost that everyone can afford. It just takes a little sweat equity and will power.

Reactions: ff22
I would have thought so too about DaVinci. While not related to drone footage, a week ago I knew virtually nothing about video editing, but needed to do a couple audio/video production vids, with high quality audio. Until then I'd tried Microsoft Movie Maker and a few others and always felt overwhelmed and confused and consquently didn't do much until now. Someone recommended DaVinci Resolve and, to me, it was far easier to learn than the simpler programs. There as SO MANY short tutorials out there that when I needed to learn something I'd just Google it and it would find what I needed. While I'm light years away from being Cecil B. DeDrone, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought- certainly not harder than the basic free editors. It does take some orientation, but once you get the main controls down general video editing isn't that hard. Perhaps some video programs have more automated pizzazz (iMovie, if you have a Mac?). I don't know. But DaVinci is free and is as close to getting to professional video editing at a cost that everyone can afford. It just takes a little sweat equity and will power.
Except the OP never said anything about editing video He just wanted to play and possibly trans coded.
None of what I mentioned are video editors.
So you think you should learn da Vinci so he can play a video and transcode it?

Uuuum sometimes a video will not play on my laptop and I have found that that seems to be due to my havng switched the drone off before I stopped recording.
Putting the mSD card back in the drone, switching the drone on and leaving it switched on for maybe 30sec 'repairs' the video. Once the card is back in the PC the video most likely plays perfectly well.

Except the OP never said anything about editing video He just wanted to play and possibly trans coded.
None of what I mentioned are video editors.
So you think you should learn da Vinci so he can play a video and transcode it?

I guess I didn't understand what the OP was after. Sorry. I assumed that he'd want to edit the footage. Chalk it up to reading disability.

I guess I didn't understand what the OP was after. Sorry. I assumed that he'd want to edit the footage. Chalk it up to reading disability.
Hey no problem I’ll definitely give da Vinci’s a try I normally use final cut but I understand da Vinci is better for color grading.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky