DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video playback freeze

Bassman344

Reactions
Hey all. New to the forum, but didn't see my issue anywhere else. I just bought the Air 3 with the rcn2. Out of the box, everything was updated. I took it for its first flight today and everytime I play a video I transferred to my phone (Samsung S22 Ultra) the video freezes on playback. Even after downloaded. Plays perfectly on the controller. Can anyone help! I was so stoked to get this new drone, but this issue really puts a damper on things

Please let us know what the video looks like when you remove the microsd card from the drone and insert it into your computer for playback.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Hi Bassman, you might try a different 'Player' to play videos on your phone. I'm using MX Player Pro and I don't have an issue with my Samsung S21 Ultra. I also noticed I can't play my videos on OLED 77 inch tv without it 'stuttering' (picture freezes for a split second every 5 seconds or so. To solve that problem, I run the videos thru some editing software (I'm using Pinnacle) and save it as it's original size (UHD 4K 3840 x 2160) and drop it back on a flash drive and it's as smooth as silk. Maybe reprocessing it like that may help on the Samsung. Many people are using DaVinci free software. You're not asking for much. You just want to watch your video on your phone. I know it's frustrating. I'll be waiting for what others have to suggest. Good luck. Mike

Hi Bassman, you might try a different 'Player' to play videos on your phone. I'm using MX Player Pro and I don't have an issue with my Samsung S21 Ultra. I also noticed I can't play my videos on OLED 77 inch tv without it 'stuttering' (picture freezes for a split second every 5 seconds or so. To solve that problem, I run the videos thru some editing software (I'm using Pinnacle) and save it as it's original size (UHD 4K 3840 x 2160) and drop it back on a flash drive and it's as smooth as silk. Maybe reprocessing it like that may help on the Samsung. Many people are using DaVinci free software. You're not asking for much. You just want to watch your video on your phone. I know it's frustrating. I'll be waiting for what others have to suggest. Good luck. Mike
So I checked the play on the SD card through my POS lap top and it was clean as can be. I also tried downloading mx player and it seems to work just fine on there? Maybe the video player that comes with these phones just wasn't capable of handling it? Not sure, but at least now I'm able to play what I recorded. I want to thank you all very much for helping me. I again was super bummed out when reviewing my footage and having this issue.

Hey all. New to the forum, but didn't see my issue anywhere else. I just bought the Air 3 with the rcn2. Out of the box, everything was updated. I took it for its first flight today and everytime I play a video I transferred to my phone (Samsung S22 Ultra) the video freezes on playback. Even after downloaded. Plays perfectly on the controller. Can anyone help! I was so stoked to get this new drone, but this issue really puts a damper on things
Obviously nothing wrong with the drone. I would think you would want to play it on a big TV rather than your phone.

Obviously nothing wrong with the drone. I would think you would want to play it on a big TV rather than your phone.
Well yes, but when quick viewing, or showing someone where TV isn't an option lol. I have noticed it seems to freeze when I have the DJI Fly app open

Well yes, but when quick viewing, or showing someone where TV isn't an option lol. I have noticed it seems to freeze when I have the DJI Fly app open
Maybe close the fly app. It may be using processor time in the background. I use mainly MX Player on my Samsung S3 tablet, and my drone 4k video plays fine.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13