Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

What should I do?

agrs1974

Reactions
My mate and I both have the mavic pro. He's never been happy with the footage of the mavic and after showed me the footage from the yunecc typhoon h I can understand why.

I really seems to blow the mavic away for quality.

So my question is do I upgrade to a typhoon or possibly a phantom 4?

Btw he can use his DJI goggles with his typhoon. Thoughts folks.

Derek_M

Reactions
If your on a budget, go for the typhoon. There extremely cheap right now. The phantom is a great drone and I enjoyed there series. They have a better camera, large range unlike the typhoon, and the flight time is longer.

agrs1974

Reactions
If your on a budget, go for the typhoon. There extremely cheap right now. The phantom is a great drone and I enjoyed there series. They have a better camera, large range unlike the typhoon, and the flight time is longer.
I always think DJI is overpriced but had a few and loved them. Man so tough to decide

Derek_M

Reactions
I agree, they are overpriced but it’s top quality. If I had a tight budget, I would buy the typhoon. Camera is good but no sensors on the front. I also heard the plastic on the drone feels flimsy and bendy so I don’t recommend crashing it.

macoman

Reactions
I would go with a phantom 4 advanced refurbished... They are around $800. The camera and range are superior than the typhoon h. I personally prefer my mavic pro because I love how small and easy to carry plus the amazing range.

Reactions: Former Member

agrs1974

Reactions
Can anyone tell me how to tell each DJI phantom 4? As in I've seen one but the seller doesn't know what version.

Mike_Flys

Reactions
I own a Mavic Pro and used to own Typhoon H sold it to my friend.
When I got my Typhhon-H it seemed everyone (not me) on the H-pilot forum was complaining about the picture and video quality.
There is a stability advantage with size, and an image advantage to bigger optics. and the 360 gimbal on the H is fricking awesome! But I have found as with every camera I have owned that settings and ND filters can play a huge part in how your footage looks. I have gotten great looking footage/pics from ether drone. I own several cameras and drones. Each one requires different settings. Your mission objectives play a big part of what settings you should use.

Of course a lot of it depends on what you are wanting, and plan to do with the final product.

I have to agree that a P4P is a great drone and has what is probably the best camera for drones under $1500, so if you have the means buy one. I have considered it several times.

I am curious though, so can/will you explain what the difference is you are seeing between the video footage.

BTW if your curious I sold my H because:
1. I was scrounging money for a different motorcycle
2. My wife keep saying I have too many drones. Ha like that's possible ;)
3. A couple of the outfits I do contract commercial work through only accept DJI shot footage/pics

Anxiously waiting the Mavic Pro 2 (If there is such a thing)… Maybe it is a good time to buy a P4P..... hard to carry on the motorcycle though ;)

Mike

agrs1974

Reactions
I own a Mavic Pro and used to own Typhoon H sold it to my friend.
When I got my Typhhon-H it seemed everyone (not me) on the H-pilot forum was complaining about the picture and video quality.
There is a stability advantage with size, and an image advantage to bigger optics. and the 360 gimbal on the H is fricking awesome! But I have found as with every camera I have owned that settings and ND filters can play a huge part in how your footage looks. I have gotten great looking footage/pics from ether drone. I own several cameras and drones. Each one requires different settings. Your mission objectives play a big part of what settings you should use.

Of course a lot of it depends on what you are wanting, and plan to do with the final product.

I have to agree that a P4P is a great drone and has what is probably the best camera for drones under $1500, so if you have the means buy one. I have considered it several times.

I am curious though, so can/will you explain what the difference is you are seeing between the video footage.

BTW if your curious I sold my H because:
1. I was scrounging money for a different motorcycle
2. My wife keep saying I have too many drones. Ha like that's possible ;)
3. A couple of the outfits I do contract commercial work through only accept DJI shot footage/pics

Anxiously waiting the Mavic Pro 2 (If there is such a thing)… Maybe it is a good time to buy a P4P..... hard to carry on the motorcycle though ;)

Mike
Cheers Mike. The typhoon looks a lot clearer. As in a crisp image.(stock) The mavic always looked washed out. I have yet to find good camera settings. I have started to use filters to see if it makes the image any better before I pull the plug on a phantom 4.

Mike_Flys

Reactions
Cheers Mike. The typhoon looks a lot clearer. As in a crisp image.(stock) The mavic always looked washed out. I have yet to find good camera settings. I have started to use filters to see if it makes the image any better before I pull the plug on a phantom 4.

It still looks washed out with a -ev? I generally as a normal rule run a -1 on both my Mavics? What helped me a ton was turning on the Over Exposure Warning.

ND filters can be a big help.

Mike_Flys

Reactions
Reactions: Schusterjo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reddelivery52