DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What should I do?

agrs1974

Reactions
My mate and I both have the mavic pro. He's never been happy with the footage of the mavic and after showed me the footage from the yunecc typhoon h I can understand why.

I really seems to blow the mavic away for quality.

So my question is do I upgrade to a typhoon or possibly a phantom 4?

Btw he can use his DJI goggles with his typhoon. Thoughts folks.

If your on a budget, go for the typhoon. There extremely cheap right now. The phantom is a great drone and I enjoyed there series. They have a better camera, large range unlike the typhoon, and the flight time is longer.

If your on a budget, go for the typhoon. There extremely cheap right now. The phantom is a great drone and I enjoyed there series. They have a better camera, large range unlike the typhoon, and the flight time is longer.
I always think DJI is overpriced but had a few and loved them. Man so tough to decide

I agree, they are overpriced but it’s top quality. If I had a tight budget, I would buy the typhoon. Camera is good but no sensors on the front. I also heard the plastic on the drone feels flimsy and bendy so I don’t recommend crashing it.

I would go with a phantom 4 advanced refurbished... They are around $800. The camera and range are superior than the typhoon h. I personally prefer my mavic pro because I love how small and easy to carry plus the amazing range.

Reactions: Former Member
I would go with a phantom 4 advanced refurbished... They are around $800. The camera and range are superior than the typhoon h. I personally prefer my mavic pro because I love how small and easy to carry plus the amazing range.
Thanks folks. Yes I'm kind of leaning towards the phantom 4.

Can anyone tell me how to tell each DJI phantom 4? As in I've seen one but the seller doesn't know what version.

I own a Mavic Pro and used to own Typhoon H sold it to my friend.
When I got my Typhhon-H it seemed everyone (not me) on the H-pilot forum was complaining about the picture and video quality.
There is a stability advantage with size, and an image advantage to bigger optics. and the 360 gimbal on the H is fricking awesome! But I have found as with every camera I have owned that settings and ND filters can play a huge part in how your footage looks. I have gotten great looking footage/pics from ether drone. I own several cameras and drones. Each one requires different settings. Your mission objectives play a big part of what settings you should use.

Of course a lot of it depends on what you are wanting, and plan to do with the final product.

I have to agree that a P4P is a great drone and has what is probably the best camera for drones under $1500, so if you have the means buy one. I have considered it several times.

I am curious though, so can/will you explain what the difference is you are seeing between the video footage.

BTW if your curious I sold my H because:
1. I was scrounging money for a different motorcycle
2. My wife keep saying I have too many drones. Ha like that's possible ;)
3. A couple of the outfits I do contract commercial work through only accept DJI shot footage/pics

Anxiously waiting the Mavic Pro 2 (If there is such a thing)… Maybe it is a good time to buy a P4P..... hard to carry on the motorcycle though ;)

Mike

I own a Mavic Pro and used to own Typhoon H sold it to my friend.
When I got my Typhhon-H it seemed everyone (not me) on the H-pilot forum was complaining about the picture and video quality.
There is a stability advantage with size, and an image advantage to bigger optics. and the 360 gimbal on the H is fricking awesome! But I have found as with every camera I have owned that settings and ND filters can play a huge part in how your footage looks. I have gotten great looking footage/pics from ether drone. I own several cameras and drones. Each one requires different settings. Your mission objectives play a big part of what settings you should use.

Of course a lot of it depends on what you are wanting, and plan to do with the final product.

I have to agree that a P4P is a great drone and has what is probably the best camera for drones under $1500, so if you have the means buy one. I have considered it several times.

I am curious though, so can/will you explain what the difference is you are seeing between the video footage.

BTW if your curious I sold my H because:
1. I was scrounging money for a different motorcycle
2. My wife keep saying I have too many drones. Ha like that's possible ;)
3. A couple of the outfits I do contract commercial work through only accept DJI shot footage/pics

Anxiously waiting the Mavic Pro 2 (If there is such a thing)… Maybe it is a good time to buy a P4P..... hard to carry on the motorcycle though ;)

Mike
Cheers Mike. The typhoon looks a lot clearer. As in a crisp image.(stock) The mavic always looked washed out. I have yet to find good camera settings. I have started to use filters to see if it makes the image any better before I pull the plug on a phantom 4.

Cheers Mike. The typhoon looks a lot clearer. As in a crisp image.(stock) The mavic always looked washed out. I have yet to find good camera settings. I have started to use filters to see if it makes the image any better before I pull the plug on a phantom 4.

It still looks washed out with a -ev? I generally as a normal rule run a -1 on both my Mavics? What helped me a ton was turning on the Over Exposure Warning.

ND filters can be a big help.

Reactions: Schusterjo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka