DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Should I get Mavic Mini or Mavic Air?

RocketRB30

Reactions
Hi all,
I am getting my first DJI drone after having a cheap Ebay one that performed quite well for what it cost, but nothing like a DJI.
I am tossing up between a Mavic Air and Mavic Mini.
I primarily want it for photos, what should I get?
Rocket

Welcome.

If photography is really important, then post processing is also important; Air has the ability to shoot DNG, which is MUCH better in post processing (you already know that if you're into photography). Mini takes good photos, but those are JPEG only. I'm not gonna compare those two here, there are other places where you can look up those differences. It's really up to you. Many more things are different, but let's stay on photos, as you stated that's important to you. Air is more expensive, but still, might be worth it.

Fly safe.

Last edited:
Not that Mini is a "toy" but it is limited to very light winds, if you feel you have the capability (experience) and the cash, go for the Air 2! That being said, many complete newbies/first times have been successful with mid-line DJI drones :)

either pickup a used original Air (quite a few fly more combos in the classified with low hours) or spend the extra $$ and get the Air 2. Either way, excellent choice.

I have a Mini and just ordered the Air 2 Fly More combo. I upgraded for the following reasons.
Better signal strength
Tracking capabilities
Much better camera

Reactions: Xanadu
Yes, it's a classic case of overestimating the drone's capabilities and ignoring screen app prompts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23